Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
In watchOS 7, when creating a new reminder, I could just long press to change the language. This is extremely important for dual-language speakers. However, I don't find this after updating to watchOS 8. While dictating a reminder, I get a smiley icon in the bottom left, and a scribble icon in the bottom right. But how do I change between commonly used languages?

Edit: If I use Hey Siri to talk with Siri, it's in my native language (Swedish). So it's just the dictation that is in English. I want to change the dictation to be in Swedish as well.

Edit2: Ah, you hold on the tiny microphone button in the bottom right. Took a long time to figure out!

Last edited:
Reactions: mk313

dandelionclock

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2021
In watchOS 7, when creating a new reminder, I could just long press to change the language. This is extremely important for dual-language speakers. However, I don't find this after updating to watchOS 8. While dictating a reminder, I get a smiley icon in the bottom left, and a scribble icon in the bottom right. But how do I change between commonly used languages?

Edit: If I use Hey Siri to talk with Siri, it's in my native language (Swedish). So it's just the dictation that is in English. I want to change the dictation to be in Swedish as well.

Edit2: Ah, you hold on the tiny microphone button in the bottom right. Took a long time to figure out!
Thanks a lot!!! Big design flaw if you ask mr

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. Somehow my watch messages got changed to Mandarin & I had tried everything I could think of to change it back, to no avail. All of the advice I found online was for Watch OS 7 or earlier. This was fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.