Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfnode

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was on the WatchOS 9.0 beta and am on version "20R361".

However, when I go to load the ECG app, I receive the following message:

"The ECG app is no longer available for your beta release. Learn more in the Health app on your iPhone".

Is there any way I can reinstall WatchOS 9.0 without it being a beta version??

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello,

I was on the WatchOS 9.0 beta and am on version "20R361".

However, when I go to load the ECG app, I receive the following message:

"The ECG app is no longer available for your beta release. Learn more in the Health app on your iPhone".

Is there any way I can reinstall WatchOS 9.0 without it being a beta version??
If you have a beta profile for the watch installed, remove it and see if the error goes away.

ddkilzer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Try deleting the ECG app, then re-installing it from the App Store.

To find it on the App Store, I had to search for “Apple” and scroll down as searching for “ECG” did not display it.

This may seem obvious, but when testing it after re-installing, make sure the watch is on your wrist. (It displayed the same error message when launching the ECG app while the watch was not on a wrist.)

This resolved the same issue with a relative’s new Series 8 watch that was restored from a backup saved from an older watch that did not support the ECG feature.

ddkilzer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Try deleting the ECG app, then re-installing it from the App Store.

To find it on the App Store, I had to search for “Apple” and scroll down as searching for “ECG” did not display it.

This may seem obvious, but when testing it after re-installing, make sure the watch is on your wrist. (It displayed the same error message when launching the ECG app while the watch was not on a wrist.)

This resolved the same issue with a relative’s new Series 8 watch that was restored from a backup saved from an older watch that did not support the ECG feature.
I originally found this advice here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252700423

Reactions: lirbar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.