Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Is anyone else not liking some of the big changes across WatchOS 10? Namely:

- Info that used to all be on one page split across multiple pages (Activity App, Heart Rate)
- Tiny buttons (that sometimes don’t respond) to navigate to different pages that used to be a swipe (Weather, the – button when editing the Smart Stack)
- Long animations / transitions
- Colored gradient backgrounds that fit less content and are lower contrast / less glanceable than black

Seems apple is evolving the watch away from being quick and glanceable, from taking you away from your iPhone to just being another iPhone.

That said I am generally liking the Smart Stack, Control center mapped to the side button (missing the double-tap to go to the last app though), and Maps got a nice upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 94

cubodado

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Is anyone else not liking some of the big changes across WatchOS 10? Namely:

- Info that used to all be on one page split across multiple pages (Activity App, Heart Rate)
- [….] and Maps got a nice upgrade.
I would add Maps to the apps that now split information between multiple pages: estimated arrival time was in the same page as directions or map, now it’s in a page on its own, and if there is an app where all information should be on the same glance is this one. Filed a feedback to Apple for this.

Reactions: mach

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I am very annoyed by the new Music app changes. I regularly use my Watch with AirPods/Beats during my workouts. After years of using the previous UI, I’m fumbling while trying to find shuffle mode or check the ANC setting, or whatever, so I’m re-learning but not seeing anything that makes the hassle worth it yet.

Reactions: mach
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.