Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StudioZPhotoBooths

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2021
New York City
Got a S6 recently, amazing battery life, no issues (nike+ model). Been a ios15 user with 0 major issues, so did the gamble on watchOS8 beta2 2 days ago. It's killed the watch. No contacts sync now, but even worse is it just non-stops drains the battery. Dead by hour 6. I used to go 18+ hours and still be between 30-40% battery left.
I've tried re-pairing and syncing from backup as well as a new watch. No help. Can't get the contacts to sync any more, nor improve battery.
Been searching and haven't seen people posting similar issues....actually hearing people say it's generally been great, so I don't know what's going on.
Anyone in a similar boat?

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I haven’t seen any difference in battery life with my 44mm Series 6 and watchOS 8 Beta 2. But unlike you, i never got great battery life before either. Same as Series 5 for me.

xinevil

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
I have the same on the public beta. Did a full reinstall, but it doesn't help.

Normally I can get through the day easily. Now, it is at 51%. It's 10:32 AM here, I woke up (with a charged watch) at 8:00. So in 2.5 hours, it is almost half empty. It will be empty around lunchtime.

I hope they fix this in the next beta because now I have to charge 3-4 times a day.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
im on watch os 8 Beta 2 and mine lasts a full day but im also a light user lol . try turning off AOD temproarily to help get you through your day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.