Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaarnah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
I spilled a little bit of tap water on my 2013 MacBook Air 13" keyboard. I was playing music on it, and it suddenly became unresponsive. Then the music stopped playing and it turned off. I tried turning it on to no avail. At first, I didn't know it was water damage, so I tried all these weird methods of turning it on (shaking it, stuff with the keyboard) and I plugged it in (all of which I should've not done). I realized that if I did like emergency reset while the computer is plugged in, then the amber light would turn green for a few seconds. This is quite uncommon for me as once, I spilled half a bottle of coconut water on my MacBook Pro, and it was totally fine after. Anything for me to do? Other than sending to to an Apple Store? I am currently drying it out.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You should dismantle the Air as much as you possibly can, look for signs of moisture or corrosion, clean the affected areas with pure isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and a few days, reassemble, and try to power up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.