Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tylerjohnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Hi guys, something odd is happening with my MBA and I'm thinking it's a motherboard/logic board thing, or possibly a RAM thing.

Some water was spilled on the keyboard and fried something in there. I let it dry out for a while, took it all apart, dried off the components, put it back together and it fires up and gets to the login screen to enter the password.

Only thing is, a few of the keys don't work, about 8-12 of them in all.

Now here's the weird part. When I plug in a USB keyboard, the same keys don't work.

So it's not a keyboard issue, I'm thinking it's either bad RAM bits or a logic board? What do you guys think?

techwhiz

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2010
Northern Ca.
Hi guys, something odd is happening with my MBA and I'm thinking it's a motherboard/logic board thing, or possibly a RAM thing.

Some water was spilled on the keyboard and fried something in there. I let it dry out for a while, took it all apart, dried off the components, put it back together and it fires up and gets to the login screen to enter the password.

Only thing is, a few of the keys don't work, about 8-12 of them in all.

Now here's the weird part. When I plug in a USB keyboard, the same keys don't work.

So it's not a keyboard issue, I'm thinking it's either bad RAM bits or a logic board? What do you guys think?

Yes, it's a keyboard issue. The keys are "stuck" so any keyboard you connect will not be able to override.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.