Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sovre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
I have been using altstore to install unc0ver and jailbreak my iphone running ios 13.5.

I have altserver running on Windows 10.

But I ran into problem after problem trying to do this today, many errors from alt store, which led me to decide to delete altstore from my device and re-install it afresh.

only problem I can't do it - it is now demanding I install icloud from Apple, but I am unable to, because Apple insists I already have icloud installed from MS on my computer, but I don't. I've scoured the computer with uninstaller software and there is no icloud there.

is altstore still the only option or is there an alternative I can use to get unc0ver running on my iphone again?

Thanks!

sovre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
pdxmatts, thanks for this info. I had not heard of that utility before. Just downloaded it.

is there a tutorial somewhere on the web that tells you how JB using it?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Yes, it’s very easy. Connect your iDevice to PC, click on top bar button Flash & JB. Left column click Jailbreak and click button Run Jailbreak. The U0 app will appear on your phone. Trust it in settings, then run the U0 app to jailbreak.

Last edited:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
After you are jailbroken, download ReProvision from Cydia which will automatically re-sign your JB for you every 7 days. Plus go into the ReProvision settings and select advanced to change the check expiry time to every other day to save on battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.