Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello Apple friends, any tips how to optimize the MX500 (500GB for the PC, 1TB for my Late 2015 5K iMac 2TB Fusion but only the hardisk is working. The 1TB will be run on a USB 3.0 external dock back up first then I'll open up the iMac later, I do have a 1TB NVME, so later it'll be 2TB total no fused, but separate internal SSDs, the SATA one is for Boot Camp- NTFS or exFAT formatted, not sure which is better for SSDs- kindly advise) for Windows 10 and 11 and macOS Monterey as a boot drive (no RAID)? I won't be doing any heavy editing or 3D. I'd like to prioritize longevity on the PC it'll be on SATA II, AHCI enabled on the BIOS (the PC is not mine).

Also what do you think of TRIM and aligning the SSD and other optimizations I've read online for Windows 10 or 11? I've also read about Crucial's Storage Executive. What's the best setting in Window's Control Panels (or macOS System Preferences if any. I'll also be using it for Windows Boot Camp the 1TB one).

Any good free cloner for macOS (full features) and Windows, so I don't need to reinstall apps?

Thanks. Have a blessed week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.