Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calbear92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Anyone have access to an old version of Waze 4.33 ipa file? I searched all over the internet and could not locate the file. My previous version on iTunes is 4.0.1.1 which works with CarPlay on my 2017 Audi A4, but unfortunately is not optimized for the iPhone X. (lots of the empty black bars/space above and below the navigation pane).

4.36 and 4.35 keep shutting down automatically while navigating so it's very unusable. Also, there's a hang when Waze completes it's navigation and does not return to radio audio- just dead air. Wish these kinds of bugs were better tested before general release.

Mahalo in advance.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I’m on 4.36.0.2 on an iPhone X using 11.3 beta 6 with no issues. Also, how do you know it’s an issue within Waze itself. It could be something they are working on and not Apple’s fault.

calbear92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
Over on the Waze Support Board, a lot of users have the same issue. It may be a Car Play issue with Waze- I don't know since I've never used Waze without Car Play.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.