Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

re2st

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2007
San Jose, CA
Trying to get ready for iPhone 13 on Apple Store app, it gives me this message.

“We’re unable to contact your carrier to verify your account, but we can still proceed with your order. However, this iPhone will not be connected to a carrier plan. You can connect to a carrier on your own later.”

This is T-Mobile, I’ve been on IUP for as long as I remember and never had this issue before.

What’s causing this? How to fix it? What’s the consequence if I proceed anyway?

Attachments

• DB51FB1B-56DF-46AC-83CC-320FBB59E73D.jpeg
    DB51FB1B-56DF-46AC-83CC-320FBB59E73D.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 533

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Trying to get ready for iPhone 13 on Apple Store app, it gives me this message.

“We’re unable to contact your carrier to verify your account, but we can still proceed with your order. However, this iPhone will not be connected to a carrier plan. You can connect to a carrier on your own later.”

This is T-Mobile, I’ve been on IUP for as long as I remember and never had this issue before.

What’s causing this? How to fix it? What’s the consequence if I proceed anyway?

Maybe it's an error due to the high volume of orders? Have you tried starting the order over again? Worst case scenario, you'd just contact T-Mobile to add the phone to your T-Mobile plan just like you'd do if you bought a phone from an individual or from Amazon, etc.

re2st

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2007
San Jose, CA
Maybe it's an error due to the high volume of orders? Have you tried starting the order over again? Worst case scenario, you'd just contact T-Mobile to add the phone to your T-Mobile plan just like you'd do if you bought a phone from an individual or from Amazon, etc.
Tried multiple times, still giving me the same message. I also realized I’m still on physical card. Swapped that to eSIM and it still gives me the same message. I’m trying to avoid having to call anyone to activate..

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I got this message also! I have Verizon. I figured I may just have to make an extra phone call to Verizon to get my phone activated.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Yes I clicked continue and got a confirmation email that I am pre-approved. No additional messages that said otherwise.

Attachments

• 98257743-FEE5-47AC-A03C-096BA8CA91A8.png
    98257743-FEE5-47AC-A03C-096BA8CA91A8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 618

allen.m.cohen

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
Westlake Village, Ca
My situation, is that I switched from T-Mobile to Spectrum Mobile a couple of months ago. Since "Spectrum Mobile" is not one of the 4 carriers, I chose my previous carrier, T-Mobile. I entered my ported mobile number and last 4 SSN. That's when I got that message. Should I just proceed? Will Spectrum activate me?

reddshack

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
I registered for the preorder fine using my number with Verizon (I'm the account owner) but my wife's number kept getting the error seen in the screenshot. To fix, I added her as an account manager in my Verizon account settings by selecting her phone number and providing an email. Next I created a separate login for her on Verizon. After setting her up on Verizon I was able to register her number with the Apple Store preorder without errors. Hopefully this helps someone else!

Reactions: yashz

pruppert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I registered for the preorder fine using my number with Verizon (I'm the account owner) but my wife's number kept getting the error seen in the screenshot. To fix, I added her as an account manager in my Verizon account settings by selecting her phone number and providing an email. Next I created a separate login for her on Verizon. After setting her up on Verizon I was able to register her number with the Apple Store preorder without errors. Hopefully this helps someone else!
Exact same situation for my wife and I on verizon. Following your directions worked for me. Thanks!

thegosh

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
I had this same issue last month. I had switched from ATT to VZW -- and got the device shipped to me without a carrier, and moved the SIM (and added the IMEI to the account). That worked... and I hoped the issue was done forever, but today I was trying to upgrade my Apple watch on VZW's website and got this error:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.55.46 PM.png

The trouble is, my iPhone is already added to my VZW account:

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 6.20.09 PM.png

Called VZW tech support, and spent 3.5 hours being routed from one tech to another, everyone saying they couldn't help me. It's truly maddening. Does anyone have a rec of how to proceed (aside from leaving VZW)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.