Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LEO Sattani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2022
USA
We Using Dell from last 10 years in office, we want to move Mac. Suggest me the best modal of MAC for migration.

iSuzan

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
Why do you want to move?
Which programms do you use daily?

It is not only changing the manufacturer, it is about changing the OS.

Without knowing anything about your workflow it is impossible to give an advice.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
As for models as above not enough information.

Before upgrading everyone I would purchase just one system to test things out. There are always unexpected problems.

Reactions: LEO Sattani

maternidad

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2021
What kind of business is it? Is your business…
  • a cannabis product supplier?
  • A cosmetics store?
  • A marketing firm with a really compelling website?
This information may help others to provide you guidance. You will still not likely receive it, however, as this website’s forums are little more than recreational, and anyway enable people to promulgate their careless conjectures as easily as is required for that they massively outnumber useful advice, if any!

JustAnExpat

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2019
I pulled up your address (it's listed on your profile), and it seems like your company does something with hemp and seeds.

1. Do you have any applications (payroll? ERP? Accounting?) that uses Windows and you can't convert over to Mac? If yes, I recommend getting a Mac mini Intel (NOT M1) and install Windows on it, or using Dell.

2. If you do not have any applications that uses Windows, do you have any type of advance security requirements to maintain regulations? If no, then get a Mac mini M1.

3. Does your company have employees that use three or more monitors at once? If no, get a Mac mini M1.

4. Does your company have laptops? I recommend replacing them with MacBook Airs M1 IF your employees use one external monitor. If your employees use two monitors, then you'll have to get a MacBook Pro.

What about Ram? You'll be fine with 8GBs. Ten year old business class Dells usually have 4 GB of Ram, and Macs are very efficient with Ram.

What about Hard drive space? A good rule of thumb is to take whatever your current hard drive space is, and double it. I think your Dells probably has 128GB hard drives, correct? If so, get the Macs/Macbooks with 256GB.

It looks like your company is small, however I recommend contacting Apple for any potential discounts for buying in bulk.

OTHER OPTIONS:

1. iMacs. I do not recommend iMacs if you already have working keyboards, mice, and monitors. It's impossible to use an iMac as an external monitor, and if the iMac display fails, you'll have to replace the entire unit.
2. Macbook Pros (if you don't need two or more monitors). Macbook pros are great, but they are more expensive. An MacBook Air M1 would serve your purpose just fine.
3. Mac Studio. Mac Studios are great machines, very powerful, but very expensive. It's overkill for your needs.
4. Mac Pro. These are upgradable machines, but they are extremely expensive ($5K and higher for each one), and uses Intel chips. They won't be supported for too much longer either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.