Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008

Attachments

• 13015-7371-wang-si-cong-dog-apple-watch1-l.jpg
    13015-7371-wang-si-cong-dog-apple-watch1-l.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 479
  • 13015-7372-wang-si-cong-dog-apple-watch4-l.jpg
    13015-7372-wang-si-cong-dog-apple-watch4-l.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 443

Wishbrah

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2013
Obviously there's a controversy. The dog has 4 limbs and he only bought two. Such a joke.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
The message is obvious of course but mushy all the same.

He thinks the best of the Apple watch even two of them is fit only for his dog.

He's entitled to his opintion.

He could have done it with a Swatch.

He could have done it with a Rolex.

He could have done it with a Patek Philipe.

He believes his opinion matters and so does this demonstration - good luck with that.

I have the SS watch but the Sports version is also a worthy watch. Some people just have to show-boat about their feelings, I wonder why because I don't know about this guys indirect relationship to Apple or if he is just hell bent on a whim but it really shouldn't matter.. a disportionate demonstration against what?? Nothing said beyond the demonstration.

ChinaRye

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Washington, DC
People get infuriated by these stories in China because there is the general belief that this money is from graft and corruption. It most cases, this belief is not unfounded.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
People get infuriated by these stories in China because there is the general belief that this money is from graft and corruption. It most cases, this belief is not unfounded.

This is of course true.

Money can of course demand attention, believe me if you are giving me enough money you have my attention.

It doesn't mean that what you say when you have my attention is in any way valuable unless it means you give me more money.. and of course I'll believe you until the end of time.. or cashflow, whichever is first (and as long as it doesn't get in the way of me and my family)

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Apple Collar is in the works, Jony Ive's dog is consulting on the project

I'm currently using a Tagg GPS tracker. Worth every penny. It's waterproof, has GPS, a fitness tracker, reports ambient temperature, and stays charged for up to a week.

While I would probably pay more for an Apple dog collar, over the $100 I spent, I doubt Apple will get into the business. Though considering they are pandering to the fashion community, many of whom are devoted tho their canines, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch, so dog and owner could have matching wearables.

----------

Here's the wealthy man's other dog...

The dog with the watches has a Fendi bag to carry the iPhones in. Maybe the other dog carries the Fendi bag?

Newjelan

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
Wealthy Chinese man buys two gold Apple Watch Editions for dog, prompts bizar...

I love my dog very much, unfortunately he can't tell the time. If he could, I'd buy him 1 for sure and it would be the Edition. (I only have the SS.).

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Aside from the ridiculousness of this, it's irritating that he'd make the dog wear those. No dog wants something strapped to their paws.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.