Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Has anyone noticed that the Apple photos of the regular sport loops have the loop pulled through the bottom lug and the photos of the ultra trail loop has it pulled through the top lug. (I know you can wear either way)

Just wondered if there was any reason for this with the ultra.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga

cjgrif

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
Salisbury, MD
Do people use the sport loop for water sports? The band would be soaked and take forever to dry.
I rinse mine after I work out and squeeze dry between a hand towel, put in on the charger while I'm getting ready for work, and it's dry 30 minutes later. Not instant like wiping off the sport band though.

Reactions: Agile55 and bmac4

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I rinse mine after I work out and squeeze dry between a hand towel, put in on the charger while I'm getting ready for work, and it's dry 30 minutes later. Not instant like wiping off the sport band though.

Oh wow, I didn’t realize they dried so quick!

Toratek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Alpine loops also dry very quickly- just minutes after taking a shower, for example.

Reactions: Dealmans

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Do people use the sport loop for water sports? The band would be soaked and take forever to dry.
I surf with my alpine loop, dries quick and gets a wash, wouldn't use a sport loop the velcro is not strong enough.
I have the nike one and the velcro got weaker over time.
Trail loop is suppose to be stronger but I still wouldn't risk it surfing.

Reactions: bmac4

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I surf with my alpine loop, dries quick and gets a wash, wouldn't use a sport loop the velcro is not strong enough.
I have the nike one and the velcro got weaker over time.
Trail loop is suppose to be stronger but I still wouldn't risk it surfing.

I am getting the Trail loop when my Ultra finally arrives, and that was what I was wondering. If I could actually do some wet things with it. Not surfing, but if I jumped in the pool would it be ok.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I am getting the Trail loop when my Ultra finally arrives, and that was what I was wondering. If I could actually do some wet things with it. Not surfing, but if I jumped in the pool would it be ok.
sure, mine get's wet just emptying the pool leaves basket lol

Reactions: bmac4

gadgetfreak98

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2009
Having had the prior Velcro loops, I have been surprised by the strength of the Trail Loop’s velcro. Feels almost sticky, how strongly it grabs.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
It will be fine I’m sure. I have used old sport loops in the ocean for hours and not once had them come loose.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I find that the trail loop is the only one of the three types that can give a micro adjustment, it is my favourite of the trio, I have the Blue/Grey trail loop at the moment and have ordered the other two colours of it that will arrive at the beginning of Nov and then Dec. I use the trail loop on a day to day basis and I have a couple of Ocean bands Black and Yellow for when I work out or go swimming/Aquafitness. I really struggled putting on the Alpine loop, I found it fiddly and small initially to put on. It may be just me and with a bit of practice may become second nature. I really like the Orange. For me though, the trail loop is by far and away the easiest to fit.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Got mine Ultra with black and grey trial loop on Friday, and I love it! I think it’s the best band Apple have made. This is a far and away superior band to the sport loop. The sport loops aren’t bad, but no where near as good as the trail loop. The soft bits that touch your wrist feel a lot better than the sport loop. I think it looks better too. Very pleased.

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Are trail loop versions difficult to find? I was able to walk into the store and just buy one.

Agree with everyone that this is the best (comfy) band Apple has made. I can barely feel my Apple Watch Ultra on my wrist.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I find that the trail loop is the only one of the three types that can give a micro adjustment, it is my favourite of the trio, I have the Blue/Grey trail loop at the moment and have ordered the other two colours of it that will arrive at the beginning of Nov and then Dec. I use the trail loop on a day to day basis and I have a couple of Ocean bands Black and Yellow for when I work out or go swimming/Aquafitness. I really struggled putting on the Alpine loop, I found it fiddly and small initially to put on. It may be just me and with a bit of practice may become second nature. I really like the Orange. For me though, the trail loop is by far and away the easiest to fit.
The adjustability is the best part for me as well.

Going to order the other colors as well and use one for sleeping.

Reactions: daveathall

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Are trail loop versions difficult to find? I was able to walk into the store and just buy one.

Agree with everyone that this is the best (comfy) band Apple has made. I can barely feel my Apple Watch Ultra on my wrist.
I ordered from Amazon on the 24th of September. It looks like they have some inventory for quick delivery.

My local Apple stores still show availability now for Starlight and Blue/Gray, Mike November for Black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.