Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfacto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
Weather app settings are off, asking to enable notifications on system settings,

but there isn't any notification option on settings, latest Vantura upgrade (13.2)

Stefdar

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2012
ScreenShot 2023-01-24 at 7.09.45 PM.png

xfacto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
Try emptying your Home/Library/Caches/ folder and restarting.
Thanks, done all those things, cashes, plist etc. but no go, I think is a bug in 13.2 if you have a lot web site notifications.

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
Weather app settings are off, asking to enable notifications on system settings,

but there isn't any notification option on settings, latest Vantura upgrade (13.2)
Have you "allowed" them (again?) in Notification Center?

Mine didn't show either after update until I clicked on weather widget and hit "Allow" for the various notifications.

Just a thought.

xfacto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
Have you "allowed" them (again?) in Notification Center?

Mine didn't show either after update until I clicked on weather widget and hit "Allow" for the various notifications.

Just a thought.
It doesn't even ask me for, widget or app. Thanks

Reactions: Chevysales

BaErv

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2022
I got a permission notification box when I clicked on the widget in the upper right corner. Opened the options and allowed the notifications. No problems.

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
It doesn't even ask me for,
It doesn't even ask me for, widget or app.
It doesn't even ask me for, widget or app.
So you have tried putting in the weather widget to desktop notifications center?
If you did my bad I’m misunderstanding you but
If not…

Put weather widget in notifications center. Close it. Check notifications settings now in system settings and see if you have ability to right click and “allow” notifications….

My weather app did not show up in system settings after last nights update until I did this.
I do not have a lot of apps that are set for notifications.

xfacto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2021
So you have tried putting in the weather widget to desktop notifications center?
If you did my bad I’m misunderstanding you but
If not…

Put weather widget in notifications center. Close it. Check notifications settings now in system settings and see if you have ability to right click and “allow” notifications….

My weather app did not show up in system settings after last nights update until I did this.
I do not have a lot of apps that are set for notifications.
I've done that, the widget is on the Notification Centre, but still no notification settings,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.