Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metoo6000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
London, UK
I installed 'Weather Icon Fix' made by Xadacka from installer to my iphone 1.1.3 version, and my weather application is no longer exist. I am sure that the application is there, but simply the icon is disappeared but don't know how to recover it. Anyone had a same experience or know how to fix this?

Thanks,

nukenine

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
Weather Icon Fix - thanks for nothing

Installed the xadacka Weather Icon Fix - and now my weather icon is gone. Uninstall, still gone.
Thanks man, now it's raining and I didn't know about it.

Any suggestions how to fix my issue would be highly appreciated.

René20

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2006
problem

Same problem here on a 1.1.3

Tried replacing the icon.png in applications\weather.app\, but no result. I also checked the rights, but 0644 is ok.

René

nlode

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
I got an email from the developer, he will post a fix tonight (see below)

"Hey Man,

I am sooooooo sorry about this, Seriously i messed up, The icon fix IS a valid fix but when it installs it sets the permissions to 000, Don't worry, there will be a fix tonight, itll put your icon back AND itll let you theme it....

So sorry again, Please try not to be pissed with me,
Any Further questions just email me back....

Thanks,
Xadacka

--
James Cooney.
CEO, Xadacka Productions"

nukenine

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
Weather Gone

Cool response from Xadacka, I got the mail too.
Now that's what I call service - they guy at least responds and promises a fix, and a timeline. Good stuff, I'll patiently wait.
The weather is crap anyway today :p.

z3no

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
chmod 644 /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist

It will fix the problem ;)

z3no

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
I had same problem, I went on info.plist (I use transmit) and I changed the permission from 000 to 644... Then reboot my iphone, problem solved!

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Haha, I was just about to post a thread on this topic! But I guess someone beat me too it.

I'll try the CHMOD now and see how it works. ;)

EDIT - Yup, all works good now :D

rje

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
I had same problem, I went on info.plist (I use transmit) and I changed the permission from 000 to 644... Then reboot my iphone, problem solved!

Where exactly is info.plist. I can't find it, using Cyberduck.

I can't find chmod 644 /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist.

noway

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Where exactly is info.plist. I can't find it, using Cyberduck.

I can't find chmod 644 /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist.

I also use cyberduck and has no clue on what to do.. plz help!

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
same problem here...now I ll just wait for the fix...I don t want to do restore...:p

edit!!!!!!

just found a better way!!!!!!

Run Poof make weather hide then unhide..... and done!!!!!!!!!

byeeeeee

metoo6000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
London, UK
I got an email from the developer, he will post a fix tonight (see below)

"Hey Man,

I am sooooooo sorry about this, Seriously i messed up, The icon fix IS a valid fix but when it installs it sets the permissions to 000, Don't worry, there will be a fix tonight, itll put your icon back AND itll let you theme it....

So sorry again, Please try not to be pissed with me,
Any Further questions just email me back....

Thanks,
Xadacka

--
James Cooney.
CEO, Xadacka Productions"

Yeah, I got the email too. Thanks to the developer who response quickly and trying to solve problems.

joerguk

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
Weather still not working

I installed the fix as well, had the same issues as mentioned in the previous posts, then followed the instructions, chmod..., poof..., initial succes and the weather icon was back though when launching the application I only get a blank screen. I've re-installed weather.app twice now and still nothing...any ideas what to do next? many thanks

updated: 10.15hrs:)
downloaded the weather.app again from a different source and re-installed it again, so all is well by now...yiphiiiiii

mojail

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
still have problems...

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing weather.app, and i deleted the weather.app application and installed a backup to solve the problem.

But it was a stupid thing to do coz my backup was for 1.1.2 and my current firmware version is 1.1.3

So after i installed the new version if the fix, i have my icon back, but i get a blank screen...

Does anyone know a source to download the application for 1.1.3 please? I dont want to restore my phone...

Thank you for you reply,

Maroun

Xadacka

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
my bad

Woah...was doing some SEO and saw this link...Sorry guys
the fix is up and all that stuff, it was a big problem, woke up to 200 emails on iphone, then when i got on gmail there was 340 more...thats 540 emails! got about 33 every 15 mins for the rest of the day...

Sorry to anyone it affected, but if you install it now itll do what it ways it will....
-Xadacka

khempfer

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2008
HI

I'm new to all this so please bear with me if the question may seem a bit repetitive.

I've been trying to fiddle around with the themes and icons and have gotten to a stage where I'm stuck on the Icon for the Weather.app. I goggled my query and found this link. I've noticed that there's a fix on installer to fix a problem but not sure if the problem is the same as mine.

What I've encountered is that I can't change the icon for the Weather app. Is the fix for this issue?

many thanx

Oh, I'v got an iPod Touch 8GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken with Ziphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.