Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Well my weather/stocks use to work fine on wifi/edge I have no themes installed I'm using t-mobile ... It says update failed so I delete the cities and try to type zip city but won't load on the screen..? You guys get this too? Is like the sever down or something...?

Is it working for a non unlock/jailbroken iPhone ?
How I fix this?
thanks

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Was yours working before fine with wifi/edge...?
Maybe they fixing some sever issue...

Anyone else getting this weather/stocks failed thing?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
On T-Mobile, I have the Total Internet plan.

Over the weekend, wap.voicestream.com stopped working, so I switched over to internet2.voicestream.com and it started working again...

I think under my plan that's what I'm supposed to have as a setting anyways.

therevolution

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2003
Stocks/weather not working for me also. Non-jailbroken, AT&T phone using wi-fi. Probably a server issue.

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
its working now......yahoo severs must Of had a problem...

captsapp

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
My weather was down almost all of Tuesday, but it's not like it's been doing me any good anyway; it's been saying rain and thunderstorms for 5 straight days and it's been sunny every single one.

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Can anyone on Earth tell me why they use Yahoo for anything?

I have always thought that Yahoo sucks.

I remember the first time I signed up for Yahoo mail and immediately I had tons of junk mail before I even gave out my address to anyone. It's like they sell off your information to spammers. I have never trusted Yahoo.

Also, the Yahoo weather on the iPhone has always been screwy and is rarely accurate. I guess they don't want to give Google too much power and control of the iPhone by using all of their services.

Please, someone chime in why Yahoo is great.

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL

I have always thought that Yahoo sucks.

I remember the first time I signed up for Yahoo mail and immediately I had tons of junk mail before I even gave out my address to anyone. It's like they sell off your information to spammers. I have never trusted Yahoo.

Also, the Yahoo weather on the iPhone has always been screwy and is rarely accurate. I guess they don't want to give Google too much power and control of the iPhone by using all of their services.

Please, someone chime in why Yahoo is great.

I never said it was great but I've never had any issues with spam mail either... as for the weather on the iPhone that's always been fine here in Chicago for me. It went out one other time and that's about it. Sounds like you have had some bad luck with Yahoo...

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
I never said it was great but I've never had any issues with spam mail either... as for the weather on the iPhone that's always been fine here in Chicago for me. It went out one other time and that's about it. Sounds like you have had some bad luck with Yahoo...

Yeah, I sure have. In fact, everyone I know that uses Yahoo has to sift through hundreds of junk emails per day.

With the iPhone, I programmed both Atlanta and Alpharetta in the weather app (Alpharetta is a suburb of Atlanta where I live).

Lots of times, it will show Alpharetta as being around 15 degrees cooler than Atlanta. This simply can't be true, as it is less than 20 miles away.

I read in other forums people having this same exact problem. It seems that the first city listed in the weather app is usually wrong while the rest are accurate. I would not think that to be an Apple bug, but I could be wrong.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
Mine hasn't been working for hours. I never understood why Apple just doesnt partner w/ weather.com? Makes sense to me (isn't that what the weather widget on Macs use?)

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007

I have always thought that Yahoo sucks....
I agree at least in part. I have AT&T DSL and they use Yahoo. I don't even bother checking that address anymore because it's all junk mail. And there's no support for IMAP. GMail is far superior.

cmcbridejr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Mine hasn't been working for hours. I never understood why Apple just doesnt partner w/ weather.com? Makes sense to me (isn't that what the weather widget on Macs use?)

Try going to weather.com with Safari on the iPhone.

It is the absolute worst experience. I think it may be that the website is either poorly designed for rendering or that it uses a lot of Flash that the iPhone can't handle. I don't know, but it is horrendously slow.

I was at the bar the other day and my friend asked what the weather was going to be. Since the weather app has such limited information, I fired up Safari and pointed to weather.com......

I was able to give him the results 10 MINUTES LATER. Also, I was only able to show an hour by hour prediction, as the Doppler Radar on that site uses Flash. I was embarrassed when he kept asking me what the weather was going to be over the course of ten minutes and I eventually had to tell him, "Uhh, the iPhone doesn't have Flash so I can't show you the Doppler, but here's an hour by hour detail instead". He just looked at me. All of this was on WiFi by the way.

If you want a great link to weather for the iPhone with the Doppler Radar, then check out:

iweathr.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.