Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Domog34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
The weather widget on ios 12.4.1 keeps shifting to Congo and only after a couple of seconds it updates to my actual location. Location settings for the Weather app are set to ”always allow”. This started happening on my Iphone 6. In the meantime I bought a new phone (Iphone 7+; didn’t restore from backup or anything) and the problem still persists even on the new device. Is this just a minor bug? Is anybody else also experiencing it? Or is this a result of malware?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with how you're connected to the internet…and the routing that connection takes. The only other thing I can think of is your contact card having a Congo address in it.

Domog34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Thanks for replying. All my addresses are in Europe and I don‘t use a VPN (that’s all I basically know about my internet connection). Is there something in particular that I could check in my router’s settings?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Is it only happening on wifi?

If it occurs on cell data then you can rule out the router…not that I know for sure any router settings, other than a VPN as you mentioned, could cause this. DNS…maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.