Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
So for a long time I have been using WeatherMate Pro and its (unbeatable) complication customizations.

As of watchOS 8 it has sadly become compleatley unusable on the apple watch (iOS app still works great).

My problems are that the complication neither updates my current position nor the weather conditions by itself any more. And periodically opening the app on the watch it has problems updating my position (while no other app has that problem), but opening the app the weather conditions do update just for a place I’m no longer at.

I’ve tried:
  • Restarting the watch
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the watch app
  • Uninstalling, restarting the watch and re-installing the watch app
  • Toggling GPS use between ”always” and ”only when app or widget is running” (previously I have had it in the latter with no problems) but no changes in behaviour no matter what setting I run
  • Toggling background app refresh on and off for the watch app (previously it has been off and worked) but no changes in behaviour
I’ve really liked this app in part because it has worked really well for me with a lot of customizations options for the complications and (not to be underestimated) because it is a one time fee app and not a predatory subscription app.

Anyone else using it having no problems or is it borked for everyone?

Any suggestions to good, non subscription (I’m willing to pay a one time fee), alternatives that also fetches local PWS data?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Working okay for me on my 13 pro max and series 4 SS Black.
what happens when you go to the phone App ‘Settings/Apple Watch App Settings Sync’. You are then asked to open Weather Mate on your Apple Watch…… It should then sync successfully.

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 5, 2020
Working okay for me on my 13 pro max and series 4 SS Black.
what happens when you go to the phone App ‘Settings/Apple Watch App Settings Sync’. You are then asked to open Weather Mate on your Apple Watch…… It should then sync successfully.
That works, it’s just both current weather data and position that does not update in the complication. And a lot of the time it can’t get my current position in the AW app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.