Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlieJames91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Hi – I have a problem with all my web browsers, after using my mac for some time they all just lose connectivity to the internet, but all my other apps are working fine (Outlook/Spotify etc). I have pinged www.google.com and everything seems fine? Once I restart my machine the problem goes away but then randomly happens again. I have turned off my firewall and checked my DNS settings. I haven’t checked this issue on another account yet although I was hoping someone will know exactly what the cause of this is before I spend to much time testing. I can’t seem to find any external application that could be causing this either?

Please help

CharlieJames91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Checking on another account could rule out a lot of possibilities.
Seems fine on another account, I would just create a new account but not only do I have alot of saved preferences for all my different apps - I kinda don't want it to beat me haha
Thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If that's the case you can probably assume it's not a problem with your ISP/modem/router. Also, it should eliminate a general OS problem.

Makes notes of ALL of the Network settings for the working account and compare them to what is in your account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.