Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
so, am realizing that, with the next OS (for which there's no forum here yet :rolleyes:), adobe dreamweaver CS6 will not be supported. ugh. am not really ready for the CC thing (and the cost).

what are people here using for webdesign? am a WYSIWYG person; my sites are simple, mostly one page. so i need to maintain them, and then do new sites.

rapidweaver? (seems u have to use their templates)... sandvox?

any suggestions? not urgent (i mean, i have a year probably), but am thinking ahead.

thanx peeps!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
it does, but it's the last OS to do so (outside of photoshop cs, which IS 64bit now). whatever comes next, apple will no longer support 32 bit apps (a la ios 11). am just preparing (or at least considering what's next...)

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK
Take a look at https://blocsapp.com. At this stage it's missing a few features, but big changes will roll out in the next few months. Blocs is really fast with a modern code base, so it's looking very good for the foreseeable future.

nudoru

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2012
Near Charlotte NC
The web and browsers have changed SO much since CS6 - you really need to upgrade or you're missing out on all of the stuff.

Dreamweaver CC alone is just $20/mo - if you're freelancing you could add the cost to your invoices.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
am really semi-pro, and can do what i need to do in CS6 (i have several custom templates, that include code for devices). but i have (at least?) a year, so will explore options, and may in fact move to CC next year. thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.