Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
For about a year now I've been trying to get a website I designed coded. A lot of people have helped out but all the paid coders doing the heavy work have gotten too busy and dropped the project at some point.

Pay is $200-$1000 depending on experience and speed/quality. I was offering the last guy $1000.

Take a look at the mockup pages (most links work). You will need to click through things to understand how the site should work.

I've written some documentation on how things should work and much of the mysql tables have been created.

The site concept is a public bug list for apple software products. I think we have all seen threads here and at other forums where people make wish lists of bug fixes and feature requests for osx. Well a couple years ago I started a list of features that people could submit to. It got quite a bit of attention from apple. I wanted to create a more automated version of such a list and designed the mockup I linked to. Formal Site About Description

I modeled a lot of it after bugzilla. I would be happy with either a from scratch solution or modifications to software packages such as bugzilla that make it work as desired.

The job will require a rewrite of the mockup code (convert to xhtml transitional) creation of mysql db and integration. Creation of admin and moderator interfaces. Some integration with vbulletin (example code available from another site also we could use hacks on vb if you can find them).

I want to get this up and running at full steam before the release of Tiger.

If you think you could help out or know someone who could you can private message me, email me, or IM me on ichat at ambitiouslemon.

Mac Users Only Please (testing on mac browsers a must)

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
I would love to help you on this, but truth be told my PHP/MySQL skills are only at an intermediate level right now (I'm getting better, though!) so I would be hesitant to sign up to help you and not be able to do everything you need done.
I have a friend, however, who is an expert developer and would be able to get this up and running for you. You can contact him through his website at http://www.parksidedev.com
He can sometimes be a little pricey, but I can guarantee that he will be able to do what you want done. If he isn't able to help you, let me know and I will do as much for you as I am able.

davecuse

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2004
NYC
I think the bum might be onto something here, although I would recommend going with Drupal over PHP Nuke. It's a really flexible open source CMS, and it's really simple to theme however you'd like. It's one of the few that allows you to complete a fully table-less design. Definitely worth checking out.

http://drupal.org

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
I don't think most of you have actually taken a good look at the mockup pages. The articling system is the simple part. The site is much much more than a simple article system.

Rower_CPU set up this wiki site detailing the Feature List.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
kingjr3 said:
No offense Lemon - since you do host my site - but you are really asking for a lot for $1K.

One thing you could try is to post a gig on http://www.guru.com.

Yeah I know its a lot for only $1000 (and ideally it would be more around $500). I've gotten many offers though, and most below $1000. My post at designcrowd seems to have gotten quite a bit of attention (about 15 offers from that post). Unfortunately all the offers have come from PC users, so I am still sort of looking.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
AmbitiousLemon said:
Yeah I know its a lot for only $1000 (and ideally it would be more around $500). I've gotten many offers though, and most below $1000. My post at designcrowd seems to have gotten quite a bit of attention (about 15 offers from that post). Unfortunately all the offers have come from PC users, so I am still sort of looking.

Well I guess mac based developers are just like their machines....You pay for the quality
:D

I wish I could help you out, but my *real* work is demanding more time than I have right now.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I hate to revive an old thread, but it's better to post in an old one than start a new one I say, I just wanted to mention that AmbitiousLemon.com looks awesome whoever coded it - major kudos!

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
amacgenius said:
I hate to revive an old thread, but it's better to post in an old one than start a new one I say, I just wanted to mention that AmbitiousLemon.com looks awesome whoever coded it - major kudos!

I coded the current site, but thats not what this advertisement was for. Unfortunately I never found anyone to code that site concept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.