Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
NTCHosting looks good. I found their office locations interesting -- Coral Springs (Fla.), London and Sofia (Bulgaria). I guess they got some kind of deal on that Bulgarian office space... ;)

Unfortunately, they don't say what "NTC" stands for. Not a problem for the well adjusted, but I would always think of my month at the US Army's National Training Center in Barstow, CA. Twenty-two days without a shower, sleeping in a bag that smelled like my foot, and all so that our jackass brass could get embarassed in spades.

[inhale]...[exhale]

OK. I feel better. ;)

iN8

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
The Bahamas
Has anyone used MacDock. Their packages look expensive for what you get, especially when compared to dreamhost or ASO even. Website looks nice though.

maineroad

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
I gotta cast my vote for A Small Orange. I just setup an account today, including domain registration and it took under 8 minutes for me to be up and running. I was amazed how clean, easy, and fast the whole thing was.

Amazing service. Plus you can resell (aka "sublet") your account space to others for your own hosting revenue. This hosting company doesn't charge you extras for email accounts, etc. Everything is unlimited (sans bandwidth, space).

iN8

macrumors regular
May 29, 2002
The Bahamas
I signed up for Dreamhost's "Crazy Domain Insane" Package which is usually $9.95 a month, but I got it for $9.24 for the full year by entering the offer code that has been floating around here.

I was going to go with ASO for their bustomer service, but I couldn't pass up that deal. So far I have been happy, especially considering this is my first time ever doing this. It was pretty painless.

scarlco

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
Ossining, NY
I'm using Total Choice Hosting

They've been great to me. Signed up for a reseller plan, 'cause it was a great deal. Haven't regretted it in about 3 years of service now.

According to their site, the plans start at $4/month for 450mb, 10g bw, unlimited email and mysql, and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.