Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
When I used to have my Samsung S10e and I was able to connect to my mobile data using 3g network. However, on my iPhone XS, when I switch to Cellular Data to ON, it does show the 3g indicator on the top right on the display. But lets say, when I go to Google, or any other web page, it just loads and loads with an error that Safari cannot connect to that page.

All apps are enabled to use Cellular Data or Mobile Network.

I am running the latest iOS 13.5.1, reset network settings, rebooted the phone. Also using the same SIM card as I used to when I had the Samsung S10e.

Does it make any difference what type of phone it is? Maybe perhaps some phones use different frequencies?

I went to my Cellular Data Network options on my iPhone and the only option to was to select 3g. I also made sure that was enabled as well.

If I recall correctly, maybe I had seen on my Samsung phone that 3g and 4g in combination was enabled. But I cannot remember. Maybe the Samsung phone did support 4g as well. I cannot check it, because I don't have that phone anymore to compare it with the iPhone.

Last edited:

Sam_andrea

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2020
Check if your APN settings are correct, and if your iPhone supports the 2G/3G/4G frequencies your carrier runs on.
If you call your carrier they will have the answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.