Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
i.m trying to use an image for a mouseover even to change into another image the problem is, i want to take the image into photshop and cut out the 'hover' part and then make that an image. How do i get this to be an image without creating a background for it. I put it on a new photoshop project and then erased the background...but how do i save this...i tried a few different options and it just filled in the blank background with white.

Thanks,
Christien

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i'm really confused as to what you are actually asking here.

i think your question is:
"how do i make an image with a transparent background?"
from the file menu, select save for web, and then make it a GIF with transparency

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
should have been more clear

first off i.ve tried the .gif image...it also creates a background. What i want to do is have an image of a person that is cutout and the image dimensions are the person...i don't want to put the person on a background...i want to cut the person out and have that be the entire image. I assume i can do this...??

Christien

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
all images must be rectangular. if you see a solid color as the background in photoshop, then there is a background layer. you need to delete that layer so you see a grey and white checker box pattern. that is the transparent layer.

brianellisrules

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2003
Image > Mode > Indexed Color

I'm pretty sure this will allow you transparent backgrounds... save as *.gif.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.