Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purplealpaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2021
I just bought a Logitech C922 webcam to use with my Mac Mini (M1, 2020). It seemed to work OK at first, but now the frame freezes every few minutes when I am doing calls through Microsoft Teams, and I have to click to turn the video off and on again for it to start working again (only to then stop another few minutes later).

Have downloaded drivers etc from Logitech's website and am now at wits end on how to solve. Does anyone know what the issue might be? I am wondering if it's:
  • A software issue
  • Logitech C922 is incompatible with Mac Mini
  • An issue caused by my setup
If it helps, this is my current setup:
  • Mac Mini (M1, 2020)
  • ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock
  • Jabra Enterprise Stealth UC MS Headset, connected via USB dongle
  • Magic Keyboard and Trackpad, both connected via Bluetooth
  • 2x Samsung SR350 24" monitors

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm looking at webcams myself for my M1 mini so I'm interested to see what you find. A few questions:

- Do you have 8 GB or 16 of RAM?
- How busy is your system - that is what does Activity Monitor show for CPU idle?
- Does Logitech have native Apple Silicon drivers or does it go through Rosetta 2?
- Is there any unusual activity in Activity Monitor when the freezes happen?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
I have an intel Mac Mini and a generic Amazon Chinese webcam. Mine also freezes. Especially with Teams. Mic still works. I then have to unplug and plug back in to get mine to work.
Surprised it does this with Logitech

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have an intel Mac Mini and a generic Amazon Chinese webcam. Mine also freezes. Especially with Teams. Mic still works. I then have to unplug and plug back in to get mine to work.
Surprised it does this with Logitech

Looks like I will run the webcam on Windows. Not everyone does macOS well, particularly testing on every single version and maintenance update.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
I've had a fairly basic Keynote presentation crash in Teams. Always have a PDF backup! Maybe some Teams memory leak or something.

Have you tried other video applications? If they work then just put it down to Teams being horrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.