Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
I really liked the idea of this contest but should have stuck with something more in my wheelhouse rather than trying something different. Fun nonetheless,
Stakes are low -- "different" is part of growing. Our wheelhouses need expanding etc., etc. -- you know the drill. Maybe better to stretch sometimes; I like learning about your process, and yes, your substitution photo is perhaps "better," though one wonders really how important that is, vis-à-vis growing. Love the strands of web.

Reactions: mollyc

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
That was a fun if deceptive photo. What appear to be a forest floor is in reality a leaf covered graveled driveway.
In (our internet) reality, what appears to be perhaps a forest floor is actually a bunch of pixels!

I'm revealing a bias I've carried forward in all my ideas about creative work: what can be judged is what's square in front ... sure there may be an "in reality" referenced, but my bias is to deal with the actors on stage, not the ones off in the wings, or written out of the script.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
54faea8dd056135bde096b69d2c023f9.jpg

This was my original entry, till I read the fine print “singular leaf”
.. my submitted entry was what I had taken myself readily available.. meh

Reactions: _timo_redux_
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.