Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAWJr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
Oregon, USA
Creekside, riverside, lakeside, oceanside; no matter where it is I’d love to see everybody’s perspective towards water from your point of view!

As always, standard rules apply:
  • The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 23:59 PST (UTC -8) on 18 July, 2023.

Fravin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Let's open it!

_DSC0918.jpg

JAWJr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
Oregon, USA
Thanks to all who participated this week, will have some feedback and a podium a bit later!

JAWJr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
Oregon, USA
Thanks again for the entries; neat to see the variety of locations.

@Fravin - Beautiful colours! Love the tranquil setting and sun behind the distant point. Is this sunrise, being that you’re in Brazil? Wish everything could have been brightened up a bit, but know it isn’t always possible.

@mollyc - What a dramatic sky. Love the lighting and reflections, though wish it had a little room for more under the pickings. Beautiful.

@ovbacon - Great viewpoint, something you hiked to? Our coast is typical for that marine layer (fog) rolling in whilst being clear further out. Great contrast of deep blues to deep greens.

@Apple_Glen_UK - Love the unique geology of those hills terminating into the ocean, and the imposing sky. Wish there had been a little shoreline to the right but not sure what was there. Great shot.

@OldMacs4Me - Wow, vibrant photo! Love the colours and reflections, including the vegetation just underneath the water in the foreground. Where is this located? We have a Summit Lake here near Tahoe but I don’t remember those reeds being present in the alpine setting. I’d go for a swim if there was a decent entry point.

As always, difficult to put any ahead of others. Here goes nonetheless:

1st: @OldMacs4Me
2nd: @Fravin
3rd: @mollyc

Thank you again to all!

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Thanks for the win and the kind words, and congrats to everyone for some solid entries.

The lake is located on the continental divide. It's right along the Crowsnest Highway (#3) on the Alberta-BC border. Photo was facing ~North West towards the swampy end of the little lake.

Will be back in the morning with a new contest. Have an idea but not quite sure how to frame it.

• Love
Reactions: JAWJr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.