Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
This weeks theme is street art. It does not have to be exactly street art but it should be unusual or unsuspected art or even accidental art, in a non museum or gallery setting. it can be any medium and done by any kind of person and does not have to be professional.

Below and example of street art (top) and "accidental" art (bottom) which is probably someone's trash.

IMG_0754.jpg

100_3364.jpg

The competition officially kicks off on September 15th, although you're welcome to start today if you'd like. The contest will conclude on September 22, 12pm PST.
It is possible that it will run a little longer as I am dealing with a terminally ill family member and might not be able to keep a tight schedule.

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Last edited:

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
My favorite street art image I've ever taken is probably considered NSFW
Intriguing.

2010-04-27 ~ Event Horizon 63.jpg

From an installation called Event Horizon, all around the rooftops surrounding Madison Park. Viewing one or two, seemingly precariously positioned near parapets and rooftop edges, was intriguing -- but taking in a whole group of these identical statues was distinctly uncanny.

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
I'm going to have to apologize for not being able to really get into the photo nettigritty of why what was better than something else. As I said I was dealing with a terminally ill mother in law and she passed so we are grieving and having to arrange to many things.

But I am really happy so many people added a photo and with that I have to admit that it is hard to seperate the art from the photo... I will try to be objective as to the photo of the art.

1st place: oblomow, I have to admit that I had some hesitation but I found myself drawn to the photo. It is both haunting and compelling.

2nd place: Hughmac, I love the art but the overall photo is interesting. Again a photo that I found myself looking at multiple times.

3rd place: mollyc, a overall joyful image that really made me feel good looking at.

All others were as good and in this instance it really feels wrong to choose a winner or even 3 places as I truly think all photos were very cool. Thank you all for sharing these amazing shots.

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
I'm going to have to apologize for not being able to really get into the photo nettigritty of why what was better than something else. As I said I was dealing with a terminally ill mother in law and she passed so we are grieving and having to arrange to many things.

But I am really happy so many people added a photo and with that I have to admit that it is hard to seperate the art from the photo... I will try to be objective as to the photo of the art.

1st place: oblomow, I have to admit that I had some hesitation but I found myself drawn to the photo. It is both haunting and compelling.

2nd place: Hughmac, I love the art but the overall photo is interesting. Again a photo that I found myself looking at multiple times.

3rd place: mollyc, and overall joyful image that really made me feel good looking at.

All others were as good and in this instance it really feels wrong to choose a winner or even 3 places as I truly think all photos were very cool. Thank you all for sharing these amazing shots.
i’m so sorry for your family’s loss.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands

3rd place: mollyc, a overall joyful image that really made me feel good looking at.

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for finding the time for judging.

I will try to come up with something today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.