Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
Well it didn't take long. The new theme is: Right here, right now.

I would like to see images showing things around you right now in this very moment when you're reading this, but try to come up with something different/interesting/artistic not just a snap of your desktop/room/outside. If you don't have your 'big' camera on hand use your phone. If you don't have any camera on you, well, give yourself a minute to get one ;)

Example: couple of computer cables taken by iPhone right now, simple edit

cables_1.jpg

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Reactions: AppleKarma

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Not right now but this is one of the last "right here and now" photos I took (last Tuesday). After this day we've been on a whirlwind of ER and hospital times with elderly parents and I can not take photos now... But posting a simple photo like this is a good thing to ground myself in knowing there are other things happening that are normal. Btw this is a sphinx moth feeding on a butterfly bush at our pool.

IMG_5827.jpg

Last edited:

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
Here we go. Not many entries this week, it seems that joys of summer time have priority ;)

@ovbacon Love the image, even if not right now, the moth is captured in THE moment. Hope your parents are okay. These things do remind you to live every moment of your life.

@OldMacs4Me This is exactly what I had in my mind with the theme of this week, nice detail and I like the colors and intriguing shapes.

@Janichsan As usually a great image, colors are just beautiful, I like the buildings and the V shape which takes you down to the moment.

So here is the podium.

1st - @OldMacs4Me

2nd - @ovbacon

3rd - @Janichsan

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who entered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.