Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
This weeks theme is long exposure. Copying the idea from @mollyc 's P52 project, with the hope of reviving the interest in the weekly challenge.

The competition officially kicks off on 24 September, although you're welcome to start today if you'd like. The contest will conclude on 1 October , 12pm CEST.

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

yey365

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004
1695767905640.png

oblomow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Thank you for your entries. I'm happy that the weekly contest is not completely dead. Below are my comments, do with it what you want..
I liked all 6 entries and have considered using a dice to determine the winner....

@Strider64 A good start of this weeks contest. A nice sharp and clean image. It would be nice to see the cars that produced these light trails (even if only faint)

@yey365 Good to see that you're becoming a regular in the weekly contest. I like image. Where was this taken? I feel that the foreground is missing something, either some details or the start of the leading line of the beach should be moved more to the left ( if possible of course).

@ovbacon This type of image is always fun. Especially to make. There are lots of things happening in this image. Keeps the viewer busy.

@someoldguy This is great. Following the 500 rule of astrophotography. I can remember our first evening in Bryce: laying on my back on a picnic bench, in amazement of the sky. Thanks for reminding me.

@OldMacs4Me I can see why this is one of your favourites. Perfect exposure of the water, not overdoing it. My only minor complaint is the cut off rock at the bottom of the image.

@mollyc Subtle, is the word that comes to mind. (Like your flowershots.) Lovely colours.

The podium:

1st: Someoldguy
2nd: Mollyc
3rd: Oldmacs4me

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Thank you for your entries. I'm happy that the weekly contest is not completely dead. Below are my comments, do with it what you want..
I liked all 6 entries and have considered using a dice to determine the winner....

@Strider64 A good start of this weeks contest. A nice sharp and clean image. It would be nice to see the cars that produced these light trails (even if only faint)

@yey365 Good to see that you're becoming a regular in the weekly contest. I like image. Where was this taken? I feel that the foreground is missing something, either some details or the start of the leading line of the beach should be moved more to the left ( if possible of course).

@ovbacon This type of image is always fun. Especially to make. There are lots of things happening in this image. Keeps the viewer busy.

@someoldguy This is great. Following the 500 rule of astrophotography. I can remember our first evening in Bryce: laying on my back on a picnic bench, in amazement of the sky. Thanks for reminding me.

@OldMacs4Me I can see why this is one of your favourites. Perfect exposure of the water, not overdoing it. My only minor complaint is the cut off rock at the bottom of the image.

@mollyc Subtle, is the word that comes to mind. (Like your flowershots.) Lovely colours.

The podium:

thanks for the mention and contrats to @someoldguy and @OldMacs4Me!!

yey365

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004

The podium:

Durdle door, Dorset, UK. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: oblomow

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Thanks for the honorable mention. My choice of where to set the tripod was quite limited, and I was more concerned about capturing the flow in the lower left corner than what was going on on the right side. While the original 127mm Xenar produced some respectable pictures, this one would certainly have benefited from the 121mm Super Angulon that I purchased 2 years later.

I would certainly love to revisit this location, but I suspect that won't happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.