Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
Welcome to this week's contest, asking you for a picture out of place.

Maybe's it's "one of these things / is not like the other" ... maybe it's leaving this town.

As always, standard rules apply:
  • The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 11:59pm GMT-4 on the 2nd of November.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
2023-10-26 ~ _R5_4297.jpg

(a not-great photo in this theme)

_timo_redux_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
I appreciate the effort and varied entries for this funky theme.

@Strider64 Uttlerly intriguing. I might have explored repositing the phone bank “over” the odd orange blur (construction fencing?) in the background because such would have presented even more clearly the contrast between the phone and nature. Still, wow. (I zoomed in to read the text: everyone should.)

@oblomow Ha! Essential caption. Not the “Elgin” marbles but might as well be. “Well played,” as they say. Cropping is odd; somewhat non-committal with regard to the posts for the (I’ll assume) protective glass or plexi in front.

@ovbacon I like the time-lapse and the red-shift and therefore the suggestion that place —what we so often think of as at least semi-permanent — is relative. Again with the edges of the frame: I might have zoomed in (cropped.)

@mollyc Out of place indeed. I see “nervous” bokeh … do you read it that way too? I like the vignetting and the tiny, delicate branch or vine [?] seemingly suspending the chain, which if it hasn’t been suspended for a long time has at least been out in nature for awhile.

1st @Strider64
2nd @oblomow
3rd (tie) @mollyc and @ovbacon

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
I appreciate the effort and varied entries for this funky theme.

@Strider64 Uttlerly intriguing. I might have explored repositing the phone bank “over” the odd orange blur (construction fencing?) in the background because such would have presented even more clearly the contrast between the phone and nature. Still, wow. (I zoomed in to read the text: everyone should.)

@oblomow Ha! Essential caption. Not the “Elgin” marbles but might as well be. “Well played,” as they say. Cropping is odd; somewhat non-committal with regard to the posts for the (I’ll assume) protective glass or plexi in front.

@ovbacon I like the time-lapse and the red-shift and therefore the suggestion that place —what we so often think of as at least semi-permanent — is relative. Again with the edges of the frame: I might have zoomed in (cropped.)

@mollyc Out of place indeed. I see “nervous” bokeh … do you read it that way too? I like the vignetting and the tiny, delicate branch or vine [?] seemingly suspending the chain, which if it hasn’t been suspended for a long time has at least been out in nature for awhile.

1st @Strider64
2nd @oblomow
3rd (tie) @mollyc and @ovbacon
I'm not sure the definition of "nervous." It is perhaps busier than some other lenses, but it's a Voigtlander, so more of a vintage style of lens, even though it's actually new. I prefer lenses with some character and sometimes the new modern lenses are too smooth for me, even if they are considered better on a technical and optical level. 🙂

That chain appeared one day and was gone the next; I was near a little creek and I suspect someone found it there and then hung it up, and then someone else took it.

Reactions: _timo_redux_
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.