Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Well this week's theme will be the word beautiful and it can be any image you consider to be beautiful

An example that I consider to be "beautiful" is this ->

Like I said it can be anything you considered to be beautiful - What's that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" though in this case the image will be judge on the artistic approach in how the picture was taken.

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 11:59pm GMT-4 on the 2nd of November.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
0e8447f8bf5908a154a53e26b15e317a.jpg

Camping by a lake, sunset. It can't get more beautiful than that for me.

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Capture the beauty around you and seize the opportunity to enter our Weekly Photo Contest with the theme "Beautiful" on this final day! In a world filled with chaos and challenges, photography allows us to find solace and inspiration in the simple yet breathtaking moments that surround us. Whether it's a stunning sunset, a delicate flower, a smiling face, or a breathtaking landscape, beauty is all around, waiting to be discovered through your lens. Join us in celebrating the art of photography and share your vision of beauty with the world. Don't miss this chance to showcase your talent and passion. Enter the contest today, and let your unique perspective shine, reminding us all that beauty truly lies in the eye of the beholder.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Well this week's theme will be the word beautiful and it can be any image you consider to be beautiful

An example that I consider to be "beautiful" is this ->

Like I said it can be anything you considered to be beautiful - What's that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" though in this case the image will be judge on the artistic approach in how the picture was taken.

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 11:59pm GMT-4 on the 2nd of November.
I think @Strider64 should win again by default, for ending the competition before it started :D

Reactions: oblomow

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
OK, I just woke up this morning and the contest is officially over. Once I get the cobwebs out of my head I will announce the winner. I will say for certain it won't be me. 🤣

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I had my breakfast burrito so now I have shaken the cobwebs out of my head. 😉

First and foremost, I'd like to express my admiration for all the images that have been shared. If it were possible, I'd reward each one with a first-place honor, but, alas, there must be a single winner.

Let's give honorable mentions to Oblomow, ovbacon, and Jido, presented here in no particular order. The captivating sunset (or perhaps sunrise?) transports me to a serene, contemplative space, reminding us that beauty takes on various forms. The image of the ruins (I believe) evokes a sense of days long past, and the tulip is a testament to the inherent beauty found in nature effortlessly.

For the 3rd place, Janichsan's "Morning or Evening Mist/Fog" captures a hauntingly beautiful ambiance.

Taking the 2nd place is OldMacs4Me with "Garden of the Gods," a picture that came close to clinching the top spot for me. Though, I must admit that the presence of the road and cars in the frame slightly diverted my attention.

Finally, the 1st place goes to HughMac for the enchanting "Scotney Castle." Its allure lies in its ability to transport us to a bygone era, where nature remains blissfully indifferent. Congratulations to all the talented photographers!

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
OK, I’ve recovered from the shock 😳 and thank you very much for the win 🏆

Scotney Castle is every bit as beautiful as depicted, and being as it’s only an hour’s drive from my home I’m able to visit time after time.

However this photo was up against some stiff competition and congrats go to all who entered their shots 👍

I will have a think and try come up with an original theme tomorrow.

Cheers :)

Hugh

• Love
Reactions: mollyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.