Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
This time around I want to see some rustic shots! I’m leaving it open to your interpretation so everything “rustic” in your definition is welcome. Drop a line or two to explain better if it seems necessary.

As always, standard rules apply:

- The photographs must be your own work
- You may only submit one photo per contest.
- No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
- This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
- At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
- The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
- Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
- Contest ends 11:00 PM BST on 6th August 2023.

Last edited:

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Time to wake people up. Since I have no desire to play ping pong, please get your entries in.

DeerlodgeBasinB.jpg

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Although we’ve had very few entires this week but unfortunately I couldn’t extend the timeline more because I don’t get much time during the week to actually commit to post in the forum.

So here goes -

[mention]OldMacs4Me [/mention] - thank you for actually kicking off the competition this week. A nice shot as always, a frame worthy one for me. I acknowledge you’re showing an old fence here but somehow this shot doesn’t convince me that it’s connecting with the theme. I feel like the distraction might be that there’s too much nature in the background.

[mention]ovbacon [/mention] - did you take it just for the completion? nice and balanced framing. Somehow it feels a bit tighter crop would make it a little bit better.

[mention]CooperBox [/mention] - now this is what I call old and rustic when you can literally see the rust! Bang on the theme. Thank you.

[mention]Apple_Glen_UK [/mention] - this is as rustic as it gates. Loving the shot and the framing.

[mention]Janichsan [/mention] - that’s a pretty old house. I’m guessing from the 16-1700s?! I’d have probably wanted to capture a bit more in this shot. Feels like a bit too close crop. Where was it taken?

3rd - [mention]ovbacon [/mention]
2nd - [mention]CooperBox [/mention]
1st - [mention]Apple_Glen_UK [/mention]

Congratulations to everyone! Thank you for taking the time to play this week.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I’m guessing from the 16-1700s?!
Finished on November 27, 1808. ;) (The date is given in the writing over the arc on the left.) But it's a replacement for a building in fact originally from the 1600s, which had been destroyed a few months earlier in 1808 by a fire.

Where was it taken?
It's in the "Altes Dorf Westerholt" (Old Village W.), pretty much the only remaining historic settlement in the Ruhr metropolitan area.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
Although we’ve had very few entires this week but unfortunately I couldn’t extend the timeline more because I don’t get much time during the week to actually commit to post in the forum.

So here goes -

[mention]OldMacs4Me [/mention] - thank you for actually kicking off the competition this week. A nice shot as always, a frame worthy one for me. I acknowledge you’re showing an old fence here but somehow this shot doesn’t convince me that it’s connecting with the theme. I feel like the distraction might be that there’s too much nature in the background.

[mention]ovbacon [/mention] - did you take it just for the completion? nice and balanced framing. Somehow it feels a bit tighter crop would make it a little bit better.

[mention]CooperBox [/mention] - now this is what I call old and rustic when you can literally see the rust! Bang on the theme. Thank you.

[mention]Apple_Glen_UK [/mention] - this is as rustic as it gates. Loving the shot and the framing.

[mention]Janichsan [/mention] - that’s a pretty old house. I’m guessing from the 16-1700s?! I’d have probably wanted to capture a bit more in this shot. Feels like a bit too close crop. Where was it taken?

3rd - [mention]ovbacon [/mention]
2nd - [mention]CooperBox [/mention]
1st - [mention]Apple_Glen_UK [/mention]

Congratulations to everyone! Thank you for taking the time to play this week.

Thanks! I'll have a think and will get the next one going a bit later.

Reactions: Janichsan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.