Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
The theme "Wildly Wacky Antics of Oddball Critters" focuses on the surprising, humorous, or bizarre behavior exhibited by animals—be they wild, domestic, or farm-dwelling.

An example:

web-nankin-lake-17-43-2023-8.jpg

The competition officially kicks off on September 6th, although you're welcome to start today if you'd like. That said, taking a day or two to brainstorm could be beneficial. The contest will conclude on September 13, Eastern Standard Time.

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Don't forget that today is the final day for this contest. Your entry doesn't have to be humorous; it can simply feature animals that might be deemed unusual.

A couple of examples.

Reactions: Janichsan

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I've made my selections, and I must apologize in advance for any inaccuracies in identifying the animals—I'm more familiar with city life than farm life. All the submissions were great, but here are my top picks:

1. Ovbacon - The photo of the dog in a human-like, guilty pose perfectly encapsulates the essence of the contest for me.

2. Oblomow - This photo features an animal making a "naying" expression—I'm guessing it's a sheep, although I could be mistaken. The picture is visually stunning, even if the animal might need a mint.

3. thirsty_monk - I believe this is a Red Panda, and the angle of the photo makes me feel like taking a nap. Beautifully captured.

Honorable Mentions:

- Janichson - This appears to be a recently-sheared sheep? It looks like the animal may have had a run-in with some bushes, based on what's caught in its coat. Great capture.

- _timo_redux_ - The image of a swan, possibly a mute swan, making a landing is a shot I always find appealing.

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful submissions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.