Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
I've traveled a bit more than normal the past few weeks; I'm home now for as long as I can tell as we have no more scheduled trips at present. But one thing I love when traveling is to take street photos; I don't necessarily mean photos in an urban city with strangers doing their thing, but sometimes just standing on a street (well, okay, sidewalk) and take a photo of local architecture or a corner garden at someone's house. Your photo does not need to have people in it, although you need not avoid them either.

Web_March_13_2024_001-2.jpg

Web_March_17_2024_001-6.jpg

Don't over think this, just take a walk through town and show me a little slice of where you currently are. If you live rurally, then stand on a footpath. 🙂

As always, standard rules apply:

The photographs must be your own work.

• You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends Monday April 15, at noon EDT.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Okay, let's go.

apostolosdt - what a fun scene. I'm really trying to figure out what is going on with the photographer's hair! But really so many great interactions in this image.

someoldguy - great movement in this photo. I love the trashbags to set the scene for an urban entry. I do wish there was a bit more space between the bike and the moving vehicle, but I also appreciate that time and space are at a premium for images like this.

Chuckeee - ah, you know I'm a sucker for flowers. What a great archway going on here, and I love the secluded little alley.

oblomow - now that I can say I'm a world traveler (hahaha, that only took 50 years and not even all that much of the world), this photo really reminds me of our walks in Munich to go find dinner. I really like the ambiance of the wet cobblestones.

_timo_redux_ - another great people centered street image. Great dichotomy of young and old here.

georgeinnj - I love images with isolated buildings like this - no people. Striking architecture and murals here.

Janichsan - another quiet scene, right to my heart, all those tables and flowers waiting for patrons. Nice capture.

To be honest, these images are all winners in my book, but since the order of business here is to give some arbitrary ranking, here are my top three:

3. apostolosdt

2. Chuckeee

1. someoldguy

Thanks for everyone's participation! ❤️

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Congrats to the others on the podium , and thanks to @mollyc for the commentary on each of the entries .
Now I have to figure out a new contest , probably have something up tomorrow later in the afternoon .

tMy image was literally a spur of the moment shot . Walking down Delancey St. in NYC last week , saw this beat up e-bike and took the shot . Didn't like it in color so made it B&W . RX100 Mk3 . Just entered it to fill in the numbers ; serves me right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.