Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
no actually i didn’t do any p52 stuff yesterday, other than a couple of comments here. i was planting bulbs i should have planted in november 🙄 and a doctor’s appointment for my son and a bunch of christmas returns.

i have to get my kids to school but i’ll close this out before i walk the dog this morning.

Reactions: PhilBoogie

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Okay, so sorry for the delay!

Comments this week limited to positive vibes only, because I'm not going to say anything negative about a photo someone has decided was their favorite for the year.

@tizeye I'm always a little jealous that you get out all year round and always have such great nature images. I love the contrast of the white body against the darker background, and a very good birding image

@soulreaver99 congratulations on your new little one, who is growing so quickly. This is a very tender moment, well captured.

@PhilBoogie I love the fog you captured, and I'm amazed at your bike ride. This is a very interesting scene with lots of good things to explore throughout.

@CK Williams I love the scale of this! It's just fantastic, really; the human element just emphasizes the vast terrain there.

@iSwift5 welcome to MR and the photo board! What a lovely location and I love the shadows from the lower light angle.

@dwfaust so fun that you were experimenting with your new camera/phone. I've grown to love bw more this year than before, and like the bw here to show off all the lines and shapes.

@Strider64 what cute pups! the soft light on them is really pretty and it make me want to reach out and pet them.

@someoldguy a great use of symmetry, and pier images are among my favorite, although I personally haven't taken many. You've managed to keep the cool blues while not making the image too cool overall, which is a hard balance to strike.

@Snowlover yes, you are right, the lighting is perfect to show off his scales, and while I feel like you probably mean neighborhood literally, I really hope you mean your local zoo.

@mtbdudex I loved this image when I saw it earlier this year and I love it still now too. That soft golden light is just delicious.

@Janichsan this is really fun! I love the shadow play here. Really great work.

@OldMacs4Me The red and white flag stands out brilliantly against the blue sky. I can feel the crisp winter air looking at this.

@oblomow lovely. I have a friend who lives in Norway, and I'm always trying to convince to her to take more landscape images. If I had locations like this it would be all I photographed.

@_timo_redux_ This is another lovely location, and I love the colors of the sky and the haze in the back mountains. I do love the little people tucked in the corner.

@thirsty_monk what a beautiful image! Such clarity and focus on the ducker and I love the bokeh this lens has given you.

Okay, again, sorry for the delay, but I managed to get this out before I even got my son to school. Thanks everyone for participating!

3rd: @soulreaver99 & @PhilBoogie

2nd: @oblomow

1st: @thirsty_monk

Snowlover

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2018
Alpine , CA
@Snowlover yes, you are right, the lighting is perfect to show off his scales, and while I feel like you probably mean neighborhood literally, I really hope you mean your local zoo.
Yes, I do mean literally. Here he is about 5' away from the bridge over the creek. Two days later he was less than two feet from the driver's door of my truck.
He is totally non-threatening and just slowly moves away when he feels our presence. We just have to keep our eyes open to not step on him, and he will give a warning if we get too close. 😉🐍

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.