Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
happy new year! this week let’s see your take on “fresh.”

As always, standard rules apply:
  • The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends noon EST time (GMT-5) on january 4, 2024.

Last edited:

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Sure ..
505c5c9c1f444b4f6cf63822c65c4d71.jpg

In snow MTB riding it’s kinda an inside bragging thing to get first fresh tracks on fresh snow. Well, I was up before dawn and thought I’d get some, turns out the local deer , rabbits , squirrels beat me.

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
thank you to whoever updated the master list for me. 🙂

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
happy new year! this week let’s see your take on “fresh.”

As always, standard rules apply:
  • The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week, starting now
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Apparently as emojis are challenging, their use should also include interpretation.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends noon EST time (GMT-5) on january 4, 2024.
Maube I'm just a bit thick this AM but I'm not quite sure what the topic is??

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Maube I'm just a bit thick this AM but I'm not quite sure what the topic is??
Use the word "fresh" as a springboard for a photo. Think "fresh fruit," "freshly made bed," "fresh snow."

It's really just meant to be a variant of "new" for the new year.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
3a4fbf79477b742349ce33e972b41a6a.jpg

Fresh water in a lush forest!
I’m in the Fiordland National Park, in New Zealand right now! One of the wettest places on earth!

December 2024
iPhone 14 Pro Max

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Sorry, everyone. I've been trying to reign in my social media and forum time recently and forgot to come back to this yesterday. So let's hop right in.

mtbdudex I was completely expecting a snow image, and here you delivered! I like the story of the fat tires from the bike.

Strider64 what a great image of a fresh catch! I love the detail of the prawn (or relative) that he has caught.

akash.nu I was not expecting such a lovely lush green image for this! I'm too seasonally driven I guess. I could use some lush green right about now.

_timo_redux_ of course another snow image; snow-laden trees always have such a beautiful shape to them.

ovbacon a fantastic story in this image. The gardener seems so proud of her harvest.

oblomow I know you are an avid hiker, it's fun to see some of your images from that; I am sure you were happy to find some fresh water.

sleeptodream wow, super fresh with an umbilical cord still attached! I am always amazed at how much more advanced animal babies are than human babies.

Thank you all for participating! I truly loved every image.

3rd: @_timo_redux_

2nd: @sleeptodream

1st: @ovbacon

Cheers everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.