Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
This week’s theme is Worm’s view. Be a worm, be creative, show us a different world. ;)

94A7E1A4-C56B-4FE2-B8D5-D8E4D7D9C7D5.jpeg

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for about a week and a half, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
Thanks everyone for participating this week, here are the results.

@uvafan1 - lovely image, nice contrast on grass, great colours, simple, it gives you a feeling of being there

@PhilBoogie - another great image, subtle colours, I'm surrounded by a forest of flowers (tulips?)

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 - more of a macro shot this one, maybe a view of a bee approaching for a landing ;) great colour of the flower, bits around are a bit distracting though

@Morgenland - you can see he likes music a lot ;) nice combination of colours, eyes in focus, like it

@Snowlover - looks like it was cropped heavily, but it gives sort of artistic look, I like the combination of yellow, green and blue, I would clone out some of the stalks around edges as they distract a bit

@JAWJr - nice low angle image, I would crop it so just the BMW and the barn/garage is in the image, they have great contrasting colours

@Strider64 - great look into the Mickey's world, good lighting, the spot light in the bridge is brilliant; I would love to see it through little bird's eyes :)

@Apple_Glen_UK - this looks like Digby's world, is there a mouse hiding somewhere ;) nice image, like it

@Hughmac - great macro shot, ant's eyes are spot on in focus, simple, great colour contrast

@OldMacs4Me - we don't have ice worms over here ;) another great shot, love the details and contrasting colours, simple but effective

Drumroll please!

3rd place: @OldMacs4Me and @Hughmac
2nd place: @PhilBoogie
1st place: @uvafan1

PhilBoogie

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2014
Thanks for the kind words and the super safe podium position. Congrats all around on some really solid entries.

I'm getting old enough that getting close to the ground is not something I am prone to do anymore. Thankfully for this shot the snow raised ground level to a more comfortable level.
Indeed, congrats with the safe spot!

@thirsty_monk Indeed tulips. From our national tulip mania 'Keukenhof' which gets 1.5M yearly visitors.

[edit: typo]

Last edited:

uvafan1

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Hampton, Va
Thanks everyone for participating this week, here are the results.

@uvafan1 - lovely image, nice contrast on grass, great colours, simple, it gives you a feeling of being there

@PhilBoogie - another great image, subtle colours, I'm surrounded by a forest of flowers (tulips?)

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 - more of a macro shot this one, maybe a view of a bee approaching for a landing ;) great colour of the flower, bits around are a bit distracting though

@Morgenland - you can see he likes music a lot ;) nice combination of colours, eyes in focus, like it

@Snowlover - looks like it was cropped heavily, but it gives sort of artistic look, I like the combination of yellow, green and blue, I would clone out some of the stalks around edges as they distract a bit

@JAWJr - nice low angle image, I would crop it so just the BMW and the barn/garage is in the image, they have great contrasting colours

@Strider64 - great look into the Mickey's world, good lighting, the spot light in the bridge is brilliant; I would love to see it through little bird's eyes :)

@Apple_Glen_UK - this looks like Digby's world, is there a mouse hiding somewhere ;) nice image, like it

@Hughmac - great macro shot, ant's eyes are spot on in focus, simple, great colour contrast

@OldMacs4Me - we don't have ice worms over here ;) another great shot, love the details and contrasting colours, simple but effective

Drumroll please!

3rd place: @OldMacs4Me and @Hughmac
2nd place: @PhilBoogie
1st place: @uvafan1
I am sorry I was not able to get back sooner. I have been back in the hospital. I am doing better. Thanks for the recognition!

PhilBoogie

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2014
I am sorry I was not able to get back sooner. I have been back in the hospital. I am doing better. Thanks for the recognition!
Oh dear, hopefully nothing too serious! Get well soon. And I really love your photo, from 'within the grass', looking up to the sun. Truly beautiful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.