Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Having ruminated on this for the better part of the morning and afternoon I now have a theme for the next round, finally. MORE, I want MORE from you all. Show me your MORE and then some! Before you start thinking to yourselves "what the heck has he been smoking?", let me explain.

Of late I have been exploring the world of 360 photography, now I don't expect you all to come up with that as an outcome, but if you have the means, go for it! Think wide. Think fisheye lenses capable of capturing your backside when facing forwards. Think tall, like breaking through the ionosphere tall. Think reflections that show how just huge the view is (like looking into a car side mirror or into a shop window with a huge view behind you). Think low perspectives looking up at things making them appear absolutely colossal. Think macro images that get up close and personal with things.

Get the idea? Good! Show me the MORE and then some! Not Smore's, I want MORE! Well, I guess you could make Smore's look the MORE if you played with clever camera angles...

----------------

Here is an example from me to get the juices running, it's an old Dodge I found out in the country that looks like a Triffid threw-up on it!

_A180185.jpg

----------------

Be safe, be well and have fun!

The rules are as follows:

· Follow all relevant local laws regarding stay-at-home orders. If you can't go outside, try and take a photo at home or grab one from the archives.

· Do not comment, vote, react or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· This contest runs for one week. If in doubt, check the dates in the title.

· At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Last edited:

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
OK, I will try. More than a single frame. More manatee (over 300/day recorded) the more the temperature drops cooling the river where the spring and it's run (pictured) to the river (far left) remains 72F year round.

Manatee at Blue Springs
Manatee Pano 8000px.jpg

Last edited:

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Okay folks, last call, I'll be out for the next ten hours, so will be back then with final summations. You have till then for any MORE entries!

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Okay folks, judgement time is upon us! I'll be back after dinner, so maybe a couple of hours time. Thanks to all that entered.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Once again, thanks to all that entered this round of the weekly photography contest. I asked for MORE and got MORE and MORE and MORE!

My commentary for this round is more reactionary than analytical this time around, it's just where I am at right now, sorry! Refunds can be arranged at the box office. ;)

OK, I will try. More than a single frame. More manatee (over 300/day recorded) the more the temperature drops cooling the river where the spring and it's run (pictured) to the river (far left) remains 72F year round.

Manatee at Blue Springs
View attachment 932725
OMG Sea Moo's! ? That is a gorgeously nice, wide slice of natural wonder there in this frame.

I can always use MORE TIME.

I posted this a few months ago to fill out numbers but kept myself out of the running. I'm all in this time.

View attachment 932890
I never understood the obsession with watch fanatics until seeing some of the watch photography here and on other photography forums. There is something mesmerising about things with small details done well. I'm loving the use of a B&W finish combined with the fine scratches on the glass indicating this has had real world every day use!

Getting right down to the nitty-gritty: I want MORE! View attachment 932937
I loved the cheekiness of this character in the daily thread, such brazenness. I'm pretty sure this is one or two of the seven sins being performed rather admirably here!

Because you asked.......

View attachment 933338
How about some more sand??
I do love the expansiveness conveyed here, young fella! Lovely tonality to this too.

What we could use around here right now is more rain:
View attachment 933345
Superbly timed with that droplet spray and a lovely, dreamy background.

Panorama of NYC to show more of the skyline:

View attachment 933364

Edit: Not sure how to export with higher quality while keeping the file size low enough to be able to post
That is a bigly, big (a term borrowed from Trump, therefore it's real) scene! Wonderfully timed for the reflected colours in the late afternoon.

Off-topic: I find exporting at between 75 & 80% quality for jpeg's hits the magic spot for quality Vs file size. This forum has a file size upload limit too and a certain dimensional size limit too, anything larger is conformed to that smaller size.

Lovely up close and personal detail of joy! I'm loving the cut-outs in the side of the head echoing this.

I've posted this one before so forgive me. Why does it fit the theme more? Well I only has a 24-70mm and it was nowhere near wide enough. So a bit of photo stitching. So might not be wide, but it is tall!

View attachment 933587
There is no forgiveness here, this is the business end of the forum, buddy! ;)

One word... Wow! This is all that and MORE!

0615de60af9aec932c3e0ce6da8d2fe2.jpg

Covid proof setup for a concert. (17mm, so more....)
What a gorgeous space, captured nicely from above; it's light filled and still getting used. I like that life is continuing, that the tradition of young people performing music is continuing, the arts here have been devastated with this current restrictive situation.

more water ...

Thanks for looking,
Thanks for dropping by! That is some intense water movement there. I'm glad you went in closer, rather than doing the normal view of it all! The minimalist pallette has worked wonderfully for this subject too.

Dark skies = MORE stars!!!! 7-7-2014 Custer State Park, that's our popup.
This is a multi-image stack for MORE overhead height.
70D , ƒ/3.5, 25s, 15mm, ISO3200

BQlubBF8YP9VYky7unyvkYkZTaIbvBlDCD7gHw9D9jhgG8urgGKyUpdOXO25eMkLCYCg_OMxgMdHEiif0vaw9Lurj62pfk5oMbRD38bUWQIhOEJ-SP0iBwT095G7rowa7VWwOpOHHGlRAkHrAgV4M3TEh5lL4g0CNJJjPs95AD9lm85B1uLjfPob7sDp1tcVUIn9aR3cBi6EaPLCl4zzzMOeyHUdSstyi3Mkmfaxb0GDcUmZf50p15sWBj-gAnFCGssXsT6LCb-U7Tz0PEILL6m5EIu3wrimSBOfDrTTowCv53XZ09BTEOMyMt7wh_RwWb7YLiFfwXOlb4MHf_cpSy5jQpDDAfHsg31n4sMJbzKFqeYa56fNaGCcZMIi7T2rGWcBIp8iQmTDlxi-GNqzS2P2caaM867BV2VJBZZkhPA1AxmXjoROKvcJ6gA7Z1U7Q2YDIyGFanlrYe3yWIJTGE4W3aAAIqFRoL9bTHrOLfSOup1M5XNfkHFiVLpqeC9t6tCUVdfu1aXP24n_0d1O5WxdjevFGo9Iy6ZVPK2y6I-1KxM8b251CUj1lvBSDI9kVlqE7EVDbEdiNttwAp41Kn6VPxEFjixbhiGOuXIWKu9d9y838ldV8UjPEFbIGJjS8i6rV8UdPrXQBZvwLlj5wGJ1wo1nKKBUEWGGEc3ACjRv_XW8pOKfDLMZ1-1Vhg=w711-h1024-no
I'm loving the addition of the caravans/camper-trailers in the foreground for a sense of our puniness in comparison to the majesty of the Universe!

It's the season of MORE flowers here now! It doesn't last long, so I have to make sure to take advantage of it as much as I can.

View attachment 933922
Less is MORE! There's a delightful quality of light to this and a lovely separation of the primary subject with enough information present to know what is back there.

On with my reaction based opinions for podium placements. Can I go with Oprah's technique? Look under your seat, there's a podium place for you all... You get one, you get one, you all get one... ;)

For those that are lost...
  • LOTS = 3rd
  • MORE = 2nd
  • MOST = 1st
So with this round over, it's time for Clix to pick up the baton for the next round!

Last edited by a moderator:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Getting right down to the nitty-gritty: I want MORE! View attachment 932937
Beautiful. And congrats on the win!
[automerge]1594807592[/automerge]
Once again, thanks to all that entered this round of the weekly photography contest. I asked for MORE and got MORE and MORE and MORE!

My commentary for this round is more reactionary than analytical this time around, it's just where I am at right now, sorry! Refunds can be arranged at the box office. ;)

OMG Sea Moo's! ? That is a gorgeously nice, wide slice of natural wonder there in this frame.

I never understood the obsession with watch fanatics until seeing some of the watch photography here and on other photography forums. There is something mesmerising about things with small details done well. I'm loving the use of a B&W finish combined with the fine scratches on the glass indicating this has had real world every day use!

I loved the cheekiness of this character in the daily thread, such brazenness. I'm pretty sure this is one or two of the seven sins being performed rather admirably here!

I do love the expansiveness conveyed here, young fella! Lovely tonality to this too.

Superbly timed with that droplet spray and a lovely, dreamy background.

That is a bigly, big (a term borrowed from Trump, therefore it's real) scene! Wonderfully timed for the reflected colours in the late afternoon.

Off-topic: I find exporting at between 75 & 80% quality for jpeg's hits the magic spot for quality Vs file size. This forum has a file size upload limit too and a certain dimensional size limit too, anything larger is conformed to that smaller size.

Lovely up close and personal detail of joy! I'm loving the cut-outs in the side of the head echoing this.

There is no forgiveness here, this is the business end of the forum, buddy! ;)

One word... Wow! This is all that and MORE!

What a gorgeous space, captured nicely from above; it's light filled and still getting used. I like that life is continuing, that the tradition of young people performing music is continuing, the arts here have been devastated with this current restrictive situation.

Thanks for dropping by Ed! That is some intense water movement there. I'm glad you went in closer, rather than doing the normal view of it all! The minimalist pallette has worked wonderfully for this subject too.

I'm loving the addition of the caravans/camper-trailers in the foreground for a sense of our puniness in comparison to the majesty of the Universe!

Less is MORE! There's a delightful quality of light to this and a lovely separation of the primary subject with enough information present to know what is back there.

On with my reaction based opinions for podium placements. Can I go with Oprah's technique? Look under your seat, there's a podium place for you all... You get one, you get one, you all get one... ;)

For those that are lost...
  • LOTS = 3rd
  • MORE = 2nd
  • MOST = 1st
So with this round over, it's time for Clix to pick up the baton for the next round!
The coveted second place! Thank you. Not sure it fitted the theme all that well, but it’s what came to mind.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Thanks. :)

I didn't didn't find this photo to be a contender but it had something new for me lately - it was a new photo. I didn't want to dive back into the archives yet again. ;)

I took this image the other night about 2:30 am with an iPhone X, hence the graininess. It was just to show how the solar lights were working to light up the head. The intent for fitting the theme was that since Burning Man is canceled this year there have been many more effigies built by people around the world. This particular one clocks in at ten feet tall.

I also do like the angle and raised arms. I envision him opening up and wanting more. Here's a full frontal shot. His torso is still incomplete but he is standing tall. :D

Thanks for taking the time to judge this week.

1594823554740.png

Reactions: Hughmac

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
ACK!! What, I'm in First Place on the Podium?! AIEEEE!!! Wow! I'll share the news with my greedy little buddy the squirrel the next time he comes up on the deck to snatch some more birdseed......

Well, thank you.....I guess! This really is an unexpected honor. I'd have been perfectly happy with a second or third place position, as there are some really good entries in this competition! Congratulations to all!

I'm still a bit stunned, I've never won one of these before....

Have to think a bit about an interesting topic for the next competition now.......

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.