Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Finally! Sorry for the delay. Ever have one of those days when a planned 3 hour job takes all day. With probably the last 'warm and sunny' day prior to guest visiting over the holidays had planned to do two things - power wash the driveway, leaving the sidewalks (corner lot) for later, and shampoo the carpet in the 4 rooms with carpet beyond the quick path cleaning but more thorough with furniture movement. Halfway through, the carpet shampooer died requiring immediate replacement. Lost the warmer part of the day and different application rate when learning the new machine, everything finally dried in the last 2 rooms affected. Still have to reassemble the office this AM, so typing this on the laptop.

@mollyc - Nice with underwater camera. Brought back memories of snorkeling at Panama City Beach at about the same depth saw two eyes in sand. Flounder! Dive down trying to dig it up but kept fluttering and burying itself. Up for air and back down but this time used fin to scoop under and lift. It was a ray and it went one way and I went the other.
@akash.nu - It is understandable why that car’s windows are up. Always an adventure driving through a safari. Perhaps could be stronger using your car to frame the photo as they are looking at you.
@stillcrazyman - Having done similar but on a bicycle, I know it is difficult to frame the picture at speed. Like the way the horizon isn’t level as it demonstrates the balance issue when taking the photo and gives it a sense of danger.
@Susurs – I like this, each different component maintaining the same slant, pulling the eyes. And then there are the claws ready for business combined with the look. Next victim!
@deep diver – Nice background story but my first thought was “When did I have my last tetanus shot”? Nice composition with the scene in black and white but retaining the color in the chain draws your attention to it.
@globalist – My first though was did he upload an upside down photo. Then it dawned on me that you had a daredevil there doing dangerous fetes. It is amazing what kids will do, and in younger years so would you…but not now. During a Facetime with grandson was going to do a simple summersault, got down on all fours then reality struck…I don’t think so.
@Indydenny – I like the second on better as it shows a greater sense of danger where the first is simply having fun. While they are tubing, the best part of waterskiing is falling. For a few fateful seconds you are flying over the water a around 35MPH, and there is the feeling which is more exhilarating than dangerous. You’re thinking “I am going to be hitting tha…..splash!”
@oblomow – Even not speaking Finnish, knew it couldn’t be good and then I translated it. Definitely wouldn’t want to violate. Had similar in Madrid as toured the Palace. Thanks to Apple Maps, it looked like a garden to the rear so walked around. There was a Sentry at the back service road that stopped us. Turned out, it was the Royal hunting grounds to the rear of the palace. OOPS!
@Strider64 – I think the danger may be past. Great shot documenting the reality of nature, and thankful more senior on the food chain but always aware when not in one’s natural environment.
@AllergyDoc – No, it can’t be the Black Knight who appears to have the upper hand. But wait, notice how cunning the other is leaning back to deflect with weapon raised to counter. Nice capture of the action.
@needfx – While noting a different path, this is creative with two possible dangers. Could it be the model who is the danger with her seductive pose laying a trap? Or perhaps the danger is inebriation from imbibing too much of the elixir and altering one’s thought process and reasoning.
@yey365 – Yes, the king of danger. What could make a little stronger would be an angle where eye to eye rather than ignoring you as looking off into the distance.
@Laird Knox – When did you take a picture of my old shower before I put a new one in several years ago. Seriously though, that is a very powerful statement with the grunge build up. Don’t even want to think of being barefoot in that, which sadly, I have witnessed, but you would feel dirty even after a shower.
@Apple fanboy – Where is my light saber. I can take them!
@mackmgg – Very courageous turtle there when even gators are not safe from gators. Composed with a nice angle where really shows the dynamics.
@triptolemus – I’ve been there! A dock where you watch your footing, always stepping beam to beam for fear of the deck boards giving away. Nice atmosphere unable to see what peril awaits with a mis-step. Good composition as it leads the eye across with the diminishing visibility.
@The Bad Guy – When did you take a picture of my wife’s evil twin sister? Love the expression with the pyro ignition which in itself is dangerous. Actually, I’ve done that without a clue of the risk at my first job in a grocery store. You could light the incinerator the normal boring way, or with a little excitement with a can of hair spray creating a blow torch.

Congratulations to all on a great job.
And now…drum roll please…
3rd Place – Laird Knox (I still cringe to think have been in similar public restrooms)
2nd Place – Mollyc (Not often that have underwater photography with its inherent dangers as not top of food chain.)
1st Place - Globalist (Great subject and difficult composition as kids confuse excitement with danger)

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Finally! Sorry for the delay. Ever have one of those days when a planned 3 hour job takes all day. With probably the last 'warm and sunny' day prior to guest visiting over the holidays had planned to do two things - power wash the driveway, leaving the sidewalks (corner lot) for later, and shampoo the carpet in the 4 rooms with carpet beyond the quick path cleaning but more thorough with furniture movement. Halfway through, the carpet shampooer died requiring immediate replacement. Lost the warmer part of the day and different application rate when learning the new machine, everything finally dried in the last 2 rooms affected. Still have to reassemble the office this AM, so typing this on the laptop.

@mollyc - Nice with underwater camera. Brought back memories of snorkeling at Panama City Beach at about the same depth saw two eyes in sand. Flounder! Dive down trying to dig it up but kept fluttering and burying itself. Up for air and back down but this time used fin to scoop under and lift. It was a ray and it went one way and I went the other.
@akash.nu - It is understandable why that car’s windows are up. Always an adventure driving through a safari. Perhaps could be stronger using your car to frame the photo as they are looking at you.
@stillcrazyman - Having done similar but on a bicycle, I know it is difficult to frame the picture at speed. Like the way the horizon isn’t level as it demonstrates the balance issue when taking the photo and gives it a sense of danger.
@Susurs – I like this, each different component maintaining the same slant, pulling the eyes. And then there are the claws ready for business combined with the look. Next victim!
@deep diver – Nice background story but my first thought was “When did I have my last tetanus shot”? Nice composition with the scene in black and white but retaining the color in the chain draws your attention to it.
@globalist – My first though was did he upload an upside down photo. Then it dawned on me that you had a daredevil there doing dangerous fetes. It is amazing what kids will do, and in younger years so would you…but not now. During a Facetime with grandson was going to do a simple summersault, got down on all fours then reality struck…I don’t think so.
@Indydenny – I like the second on better as it shows a greater sense of danger where the first is simply having fun. While they are tubing, the best part of waterskiing is falling. For a few fateful seconds you are flying over the water a around 35MPH, and there is the feeling which is more exhilarating than dangerous. You’re thinking “I am going to be hitting tha…..splash!”
@oblomow – Even not speaking Finnish, knew it couldn’t be good and then I translated it. Definitely wouldn’t want to violate. Had similar in Madrid as toured the Palace. Thanks to Apple Maps, it looked like a garden to the rear so walked around. There was a Sentry at the back service road that stopped us. Turned out, it was the Royal hunting grounds to the rear of the palace. OOPS!
@Strider64 – I think the danger may be past. Great shot documenting the reality of nature, and thankful more senior on the food chain but always aware when not in one’s natural environment.
@AllergyDoc – No, it can’t be the Black Knight who appears to have the upper hand. But wait, notice how cunning the other is leaning back to deflect with weapon raised to counter. Nice capture of the action.
@needfx – While noting a different path, this is creative with two possible dangers. Could it be the model who is the danger with her seductive pose laying a trap? Or perhaps the danger is inebriation from imbibing too much of the elixir and altering one’s thought process and reasoning.
@yey365 – Yes, the king of danger. What could make a little stronger would be an angle where eye to eye rather than ignoring you as looking off into the distance.
@Laird Knox – When did you take a picture of my old shower before I put a new one in several years ago. Seriously though, that is a very powerful statement with the grunge build up. Don’t even want to think of being barefoot in that, which sadly, I have witnessed, but you would feel dirty even after a shower.
@Apple fanboy – Where is my light saber. I can take them!
@mackmgg – Very courageous turtle there when even gators are not safe from gators. Composed with a nice angle where really shows the dynamics.
@triptolemus – I’ve been there! A dock where you watch your footing, always stepping beam to beam for fear of the deck boards giving away. Nice atmosphere unable to see what peril awaits with a mis-step. Good composition as it leads the eye across with the diminishing visibility.
@The Bad Guy – When did you take a picture of my wife’s evil twin sister? Love the expression with the pyro ignition which in itself is dangerous. Actually, I’ve done that without a clue of the risk at my first job in a grocery store. You could light the incinerator the normal boring way, or with a little excitement with a can of hair spray creating a blow torch.

3rd Place – Laird Knox (I still cringe to think have been in similar public restrooms)
2nd Place – Mollyc (Not often that have underwater photography with its inherent dangers as not top of food chain.)
1st Place - Globalist (Great subject and difficult composition as kids confuse excitement with danger)
Thank you for a podium position! Congratulations to @globalist!!

Reactions: needfx

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009

Whoa thank you! So I guess I need to get down to creating the next one. Stay tuned, should be done by COB (CET)! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.