Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just noticed I hit over 100K on my weekly Steps Total? Not really that high a number since it is only a little over 14,000 a day and many shoot for a minimum of 10K a day. Also a little 'unfair' since I run a good percentage (about 25 miles a week) of the steps. And in running you only get about ½ as many steps per distance as walking.

Post your weekly results.

IMG_0864_zpsxak2ooeh.jpg

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
When I said shame me I didn't mean a total humiliation and kick in the face while I was on the ground.:eek::D
Ha! I'm in a step "competition" group that's several years old and we use matchup now. It's been fine, but it gets my steps wrong routinely, whether I'm using the AW or my Garmin. It'd be nice to have something Apple-native.

Also, this is my last week of tapering for next week's marathon, so I expect my step count to plummet :(

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Just noticed I hit over 100K on my weekly Steps Total? Not really that high a number since it is only a little over 14,000 a day and many shoot for a minimum of 10K a day. Also a little 'unfair' since I run a good percentage (about 25 miles a week) of the steps. And in running you only get about ½ as many steps per distance as walking.

Post your weekly results.

IMG_0864_zpsxak2ooeh.jpg

How do you guys get this result on your iPhone or Apple Watch?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Nicely done. Honestly, I've been playing around with the Fitbit app (don't have a fitbit though), and went into some challenges with friends and colleagues. Quite a bit of fun, all the crap-talking, competitiveness; gets people moving more than they otherwise would. I'd love to see some sort of social component added to the Apple Watch / Activity app.

How do you guys get this result on your iPhone or Apple Watch?

You'll see this notification on the Watch come Monday morning (part of the weekly summary). I think you can see this info in the Activity app on the phone as well.

Reactions: fashiondgal

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
^Thanks for sharing the force press to bring up the weekly summary and move goal. Totally forgot about that.

Well, nothing too crazy, but I'll share mine:

30vys5w.jpg

Reactions: PatrickNSF

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I had a better week. Cool seeing this thread as I can see even my own history. Totally by chance that I just barely hit 100k steps.

Here it is:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,281

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Well, let's just say I need to get off of my ass a little more often! Nice totals for those who have posted. Guess I should start running again! o_O

On your Apple Watch, press and hold on the activity rings and you will see this:

View attachment 626253
Despite your post being older this is the tip of the day for me. I was really asking myself how to show the weekly summary again. Thanks! :)

Reactions: CaptMarvel

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Well, down quite a bit this week. Was sick earlier in the week and then resting some days for a half marathon yesterday.

350j5n4.png

[doublepost=1461581538][/doublepost]
Can we participate in this thread if we don't track our steps with an Apple Watch, but with a Fitbit or other device?

As long as you don't cheat like my brother does... LOL

1zmjr6g.jpg

2d8l3lt.jpg

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I checked, and it was okay as long as the thread starter was good with it.

haha, wow that's nuts.

No, I'm not a cheater. In fact, I don't normally come close to the steps that you guys have posted here.

View attachment 628539

Lol. We were in a work week challenge, and also had an iMessage group where he kept taunting everyone and sending them photos like that. "Just taking the dog for a walk", "Just taking the Vespa for a stroll around the block". Never actually did it though.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.