Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipx666

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Poland
Hi guys! I’ve noticed weird sound coming from my AirPods Pro 2 case. It’s coming from time to time without any reason, or maybe it is one?
Any ideas?

AppleFan55

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2023
I have the same issue. Mine was going off in the middle of the night. I ended up turning off the sounds in my Airpods Pro 2 settings and it went away.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Hi guys! I’ve noticed weird sound coming from my AirPods Pro 2 case. It’s coming from time to time without any reason, or maybe it is one?

I have the same issue with mine. Oddly, it mostly seems to be triggered when I have left them sitting for a while and then pick up the case. It did also happen in the middle of the night once which was infuriating.

For the most part I'm using them in a totally standard way. They're paired to my iCloud account and I use them with two Macs, my Apple TV and iPhone.

The only unusual thing is, I also use them with a separate account on my Mac that's set up with a totally different Apple ID I use for work stuff. I wonder if that could be a factor.

I have the same issue. Mine was going off in the middle of the night. I ended up turning off the sounds in my Airpods Pro 2 settings and it went away.
Which setting are you talking about, the "enable charging case sounds" setting? Mine is weirdly grayed out, not sure why...

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Anybody else having this problem? It's making me a little crazy. If I pick up my APP2 when they've been sitting a day or two, they start chirping for maybe 30 seconds. They don't generally do it when they're just sitting still, but only when I move them. It's very weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.