Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
I've got a third gen 12.9" Pro that I'm thinking about giving to my grandfather whose 9.7" iPad Air 2 is failing with random reboots and the small display makes it harder for him to see everything. Then I'd buy the new one. But I've got a weird situation: My iPad is glitched with an unlimited LTE data plan for only $10/mo. It shows I have 2PB of data. Yes, petabytes. I think it uses an Apple Sim or whatever the virtual sim is because my SIM card slot is empty.

Is it stupid for me to get rid of such a device? Is there some way to transfer this to the new 5G iPad Pro 12.9" without messing up a good thing? The problem is that I don't use iPad data much now that I work from home permanently. But I'm planning on doing a lot more travel later this year and moving forward unless the pandemic strikes back. Thoughts?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I've got a third gen 12.9" Pro that I'm thinking about giving to my grandfather whose 9.7" iPad Air 2 is failing with random reboots and the small display makes it harder for him to see everything. Then I'd buy the new one. But I've got a weird situation: My iPad is glitched with an unlimited LTE data plan for only $10/mo. It shows I have 2PB of data. Yes, petabytes. I think it uses an Apple Sim or whatever the virtual sim is because my SIM card slot is empty.

Is it stupid for me to get rid of such a device? Is there some way to transfer this to the new 5G iPad Pro 12.9" without messing up a good thing? The problem is that I don't use iPad data much now that I work from home permanently. But I'm planning on doing a lot more travel later this year and moving forward unless the pandemic strikes back. Thoughts?
Sell it to me!!! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.