Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
On my iMac with Retina display, DP4 and DP5 have had a very strange display issue when I move between desktops. It's something I've never seen since I switched from Windows to OS X, and I hadn't seen the issue on Windows since I replaced my XP dinosaur. While I'm moving between desktops, the desktop background and whatever apps are on that desktop are "repeated" visually until the transition is complete.

I've done some updates through .pkg since my connection is extremely slow, so I'd download the file elsewhere with a faster connection and bring it home. I was curious if that might have something to do with it. In the image below, you can see the previous desktop on the left and the "new" desktop on the right. (Screenshots don't show the problem so I had to take a picture.) Oh, and the issue doesn't happen when switching between two full screen apps. Only if the desktop is shown.

PUg24KH.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, have you found a workaround? (And yes, before anyone asks, I've filed a bug report. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and if there's a known workaround.)

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
On my iMac with Retina display, DP4 and DP5 have had a very strange display issue when I move between desktops. It's something I've never seen since I switched from Windows to OS X, and I hadn't seen the issue on Windows since I replaced my XP dinosaur. While I'm moving between desktops, the desktop background and whatever apps are on that desktop are "repeated" visually until the transition is complete.

I've done some updates through .pkg since my connection is extremely slow, so I'd download the file elsewhere with a faster connection and bring it home. I was curious if that might have something to do with it. In the image below, you can see the previous desktop on the left and the "new" desktop on the right. (Screenshots don't show the problem so I had to take a picture.) Oh, and the issue doesn't happen when switching between two full screen apps. Only if the desktop is shown.

PUg24KH.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, have you found a workaround? (And yes, before anyone asks, I've filed a bug report. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and if there's a known workaround.)

There's mention of this in one of the threads already.

Mine is slightly different. Instead of the destination Space being full of artefacts until the transition is complete, the Space is shown as completely black until the transition is complete.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Toggle “Displays have separate Spaces” in System Prefs > Mission Control and log out. That solved it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.