Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Hi,

I didn't have this problem during the PB testing phase but, upon upgrading my main partition, Mac Rumors' text rendering has gone weird (see attached pic).

I've asked them directly and they cannot replicate it on their end, it also doesn't manifest in Chrome 69. Has anyone else seen this? I've got no duplicate fonts in Font Book and have ensured the 'Never use fonts smaller than x' setting is unchecked in Safari preferences.

It's actually rendering this post in the same text, so either a font is missing or something's afoot. I checked my installations of Verdana and Georgia, they're all fine (I believe these are the fonts Mac Rumors uses).

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 12.33.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 12.33.57.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 469

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Try to restore the fonts in Font Book -> File -> Restore Standard Fonts…

Will do, thanks. Are the removed fonts easy enough to restore back?

Also, I’m assuming you can’t replicate that rendering on your end?

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Fixed - thanks! I've seen a few people since I did it have had the problem and are now reporting similar success.

The only third-party font I'm bothered about is the SST (Sony) one I acquired, as it's a nice alternative to the more popular ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.