Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AidanBoy132

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I was checking my new 14 Pro's battery in coconut battery and I noticed something odd. All my other devices show the right information with the manufacture date and other information. However, my iPhone 14 Pro has an N/A in the manufacture date and the battery manufacture date says it was in 2012. Although, my battery life is fine but I don't really have a comparison device to know if it is bad. Anyways, just thought it was kinda weird.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Hello everyone, I was checking my new 14 Pro's battery in coconut battery and I noticed something odd. All my other devices show the right information with the manufacture date and other information. However, my iPhone 14 Pro has an N/A in the manufacture date and the battery manufacture date says it was in 2012. Although, my battery life is fine but I don't really have a comparison device to know if it is bad. Anyways, just thought it was kinda weird.
That's not accurate and is likely meant 2023. The developer of the coconut app haven't updated the software yet. But once they do, it should resolve itself. Same thing happened last year when the 13 pro max I got was made in 2022 and batter was also made in 2022 but because coconut battery wasn't update at the time it showed 2012. but once Coconut battery app did get updated then it showed the correct year.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Starting with iPhone 14, Apple deliberately obfuscates the manufacture date. It is no longer available electronically nor physically printed on the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.