Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiki61

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Earlier this morning, I went to check on my iPhone, instead of the normal black passcode screen, I got a white one (which happens occasionally). The following sequence of events I don't remember, as I've been under the weather and was half asleep. I don't know if I entered my phone code first or not, but somewhere along the line I realized that the lettering at the top of the screen was a foreign alphabet (possibly cyrillic) instead of the usual English (I believe I have seen this on more than one occasion prior, once I believe with Japanese (the other(s) don't recall). As before, I don't recall if I entered my passcode, or somehow else manage to bypass it, but I did get back to the normal passcode screen.

Therefore, was this just another possible repeat example of a weird system glitch or keyboard issue, or is there the possibility this time I inadvertently downloaded some malware somewhere along the line that is trying to grab passcodes (I did restart (but not reset) the phone Which I should have done in the first place), and reset the passcode). I recently updated, and am running, iOS 15.3.

Kiki61

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Hasn't happened again. Was it a possible Lockphish attack? If so, would changing the passcode negate the attack, or once someone gets in, is that it?

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
CA
Easy—you must have accidentally gotten to the Emergency Call page. It's accessed from the bottom left of the passcode screen so that someone without your passcode can call emergency services. I've accidentally triggered it by accident too.

The text at the top cycles through "Emergency Call" in several languages—including Russian and Japanese.

You don't have malware. Rest easy :p

Attachments

• IMG_7890.PNG
    IMG_7890.PNG
    509.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: jetsam and KaliYoni

Kiki61

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Easy—you must have accidentally gotten to the Emergency Call page. It's accessed from the bottom left of the passcode screen so that someone without your passcode can call emergency services. I've accidentally triggered it by accident too.

The text at the top cycles through "Emergency Call" in several languages—including Russian and Japanese.

You don't have malware. Rest easy :p

Thanks! And now I know why I had thought I had seen it before (because I had), and why I continued on at the moment as well. Teach me to overthink things after the fact (not the first time, either 🙃).

I may still be going crazy, but at least it's nice to know it isn't in regards to this.

Thanks again to everyone.

:)

Reactions: jetsam
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.