Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Since updating to iOS 12 beta, I don’t seem to get any mobile signal at my office.

The office is historically a total mobile network dead zone, however, the company have boosters installed in the building, which transmit a 3G EE signal around the building. This was working fine on my phone last week, but since updating to iOS 12 beta at the weekend, i don’t seem to have any connection.

It still shows 3G in the status bar, but doesn’t seem to have any connection. Other people’s iPhones (on iOS 11) were working.

Is it possible that the office needs to update the booster somehow to get it to work?

Just installed the latest iOS beta, so will give it a go tomorrow, otherwise I may be downgrading to iOS 11.

If I went down the downgrade route, my only backup is in icloud, can I choose an earlier backup when restoring? Ie before installing iOS 12?

Cheers
Stewart

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
If anyone is interested, I downgraded to iOS 11 and 3G worked on the booster again.

Guess there is something in iOS 12 that doesn’t play nice with the booster, or the booster needs updated to support it?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Enable Airplane mode and disable it to see if you get better signal. If not, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network and test again.

If your carrier supports WiFi Calling, enable it and it should activate on low cellular and route to WiFi instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.