Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did a search but didn't see anything that looked relevant.

I'm using an iPad Pro on iOS 9.1, which I've had for about a week. I just realized that the top number row was missing from the software keyboard, and instead I can split and undock the keyboard like you can on the Air and Mini. And I've never installed any beta iOS on this iPad.

I'm sure this iPad had the "Pro" software keyboard when I first got it, but I'm not sure when the keyboard turned into the Air-Mini version. I do sometimes use this iPad with an Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

Has anyone else seen this happen, and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this? I want my number row!

Thanks in advance for any help.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Two situations where this will occur. One is if you're using software not optimized for the iPad Pro's screen. The keyboard and other options will then display as a scaled-up iPad Air-style interface. When you're using iPad Pro optimized software, it'll give you the new full-size keyboard with top number row.

The other is if you've put the iPad Pro in Zoom mode, where it locks in to an iPad Air interface and screen resolution (Settings - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom).

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
The other is if you've put the iPad Pro in Zoom mode, where it locks in to an iPad Air interface and screen resolution (Settings - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom).

Thank you!!! That's it, I did turn on Zoom mode. So I have to choose between Zoom and full keyboard... :sigh: :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.