Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguywithaproblem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2024
First time asking for Mac OS help.
Today i got a weird loading bar on my screen. This is actually the second time it happened. The first time my Macbook automatically shut down when the loading bar finished. Today it didnt though. I took a quick video on my phone when it happened and attached it here. Hope someone can help me fix this.
Thanks in advance

Edit:
The loading bar is actually moving. It was just not moving while i filmed.
Its a 2023 16" Macbook Pro with an M2 Pro

Last edited:

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Today i got a weird loading bar on my screen.
You say it is a "loading bar" but does the bar actually change or animate? Or does it just hang out there in the middle of the screen? Does it eventually disappear?

Also, helps to include your Mac year and model, along with version of macOS installed.

Reactions: K two

someguywithaproblem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2024
You say it is a "loading bar" but does the bar actually change or animate? Or does it just hang out there in the middle of the screen? Does it eventually disappear?

Also, helps to include your Mac year and model, along with version of macOS installed.
It actually animates. It just didnt when i filmed. The white part in the middle gets filled with this grey stuff around it. Its a 16" 2023 Macbook Pro with a M2 Pro Chip

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Are you seeing this when using what web browser? Experiment with a different web browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.